Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try soon to go through Sierra 10.12.6 or High Sierra. I'm currently on 10.12.1, any tips or recommendations are most welcome

Hi, please help me
I restart the subject, I tried several installations, but I am blocked, the very first time after the Apple update, it refused to start, and now after reinstall, I can not get to the connection with Apple store or navigation with Safari, my other problems, impossible to have the monitor resolutions, the sound, the graphics card worked the 1st time, but I was forced to remove it otherwise the installation fails. I understand that this is a problem of plist, but I can not find the right parameters.
here is my current configuration:
Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 - 16 GB RAM Ballistix - Proc. Intel core i5 6600 3,50Ghz - Graphic card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970.
Can someone help me refine the correct settings of the plist and the good kexts, do you need other details ?
Thanks

@Maxem, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Thanks,
I can't solve this problem from the beginning, my Nvidia webdriver does'nt load, it remains in default, the monitor is unknown and I can not change the resolution.
Also, I'm afraid to update in 10.11.6 because it completely crashed the first time.
Someone with the same graphics has the solution ?

I can't solve this problem from the beginning, my Nvidia webdriver does'nt load, it remains in default, the monitor is unknown and I can not change the resolution.
BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection to your monitor - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install Nvidia Web Drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts) or install AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptioFixv3
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
Add nvda_drv=1 to config.plist under Boot > Arguments.
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link

So I have this Motherboard, and want to add Mac OS on a newly installed SSD in addition to my Windows install. Even though UEFI is mentioned in this guide, I created the bootable USB as Legacy, because my Windows installation is Legacy (the SSD windows is installed on has migrated with various builds over the years). When I boot off the USB, basically nothing happens. Well, something happens. I get a flash of a command line where it looks like there is an error, and then I get a BIOS looking boot screen. I am GUESSING that I need to redo my USB stick to UEFI. I don't have access to a Mac to try this until mid week, but my concern then becomes Windows. Is it likely that I would need to do a fresh Windows install?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back