Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
could somebody please update the guide for fresh installation of High Sierra too? I tried following this guide just by replacing the El Capitan with HS, but only thing I get is black screen after selecting macOS on clover menu.

@mohamnag, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi @VanillaIcee !

Thanks a lot for this tutorial! It's one of the best one I've read! I sadly have a H270N-Wifi instead of you H170 one... And I have a problem to get my USB port alimentation working properly. I wondered if you could explain me how to generate the same SSDT you did for your Mobo? For the USB ports... Is it with the ssddtPRGen.sh from Piker-Alpha?! :)

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!!

My GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 is working perfectly with HS. The only thing I'm not able to enable is Handoff.

Regards,
Ben
yes HS works. I have since upgraded to nvme drive (in sierra using rehabman nvme patch). But now its natively supported in HS. Stuck with HFS+ for now as more people are reporting boot delays with APFS.

Handoff worked in El Capitan itself. You did replace the wifi/bluetooth chip - correct?
Initially when I got it to work I remember I had to sign-out of icloud in preference and sign back in.

Hi @VanillaIcee !

Thanks a lot for this tutorial! It's one of the best one I've read! I sadly have a H270N-Wifi instead of you H170 one... And I have a problem to get my USB port alimentation working properly. I wondered if you could explain me how to generate the same SSDT you did for your Mobo? For the USB ports... Is it with the ssddtPRGen.sh from Piker-Alpha?! :)

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!!
You might have to use a different profile all together - 17.2 IIRC. Have you looked in Z270 threads?

Is there a tutorial for the very last version of Sierra?
Same question for High Sierra 10.13.1

@Babyfasty, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Anyone have this board working with:
-integrated-only
-latest security patch

I lost my graphics after the update (no external graphics card installed, onboard only).
I have latest Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup, no change.

edit: update - got it working with new Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts, but they would NOT work when installed in Clover's kext directory, had to drop them in /Library/Extensions. Of note, until I removed the ALC kext, the box was panicing on boot as well.

edit2: still open to suggestions on optimal HD530 gfx and audio options for this board! Seems like this guide differs a bit from what I had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back