Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also had that experience. Read that hackintosh usually can't boot into recovery mode. If you search on this board how to enable SIP on El Capitan you find cloverconfigurator can do this.

You need to add some values @ Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig
CsrActiveConfig 0x3
BooterConfig 0x28

I'm still working on getting usb to work, seems glitchy.
Thanks!
Used this last night for the pixel clock patch. However I didnt get 1440P added to the drop down. Could be because I had installed ScreenresX to get 1440P. Ill have to play with it some more and figure out why its not showing up.

Did you get your USB working?

Just installed 10.12.2

Everything is A1, nothing broke.

Does anyone have issue with web geo location? e.g. when i visit Crutchfield, the websites thinks i'm in Arizona when I am not. My date and time is set automatically to my location in Mac OS and it is displaying the correct location.

Just installed 10.12.2

Everything is A1, nothing broke.
Without new features (emojis) do you feel the OS is really more steady or fast?

Fwiw I got my nvidia card to work as well, it had the issue of going standby after booting.

Search for the AGDP fix and download.

Still not able to use cuda, but happy I'm able to use displayport.
also USB still not working as it should, if I plugin usbsticks nothing is happening right now.

Hello, after several days here the lastest issues that I have.
  1. I can't install jdownloader software, I meet an error message
  2. HWmonitor doesn't allow me to change fan speed on Sierra especially
  3. Sleep/wake up don't work and involve a hard reboot
Is there anyone having the same issue?

My bios is F5 (which means I have the rev 2 of this MoBo)

Further, do you know if on Mac OS there is an option to overclock my processor?

Hi all,

Is there anyone who had installed a SSD m2 (behind the motherboard)? I'm buying the new Samsung 960 evo. Some users recommend to use IOnvmefamilly kext but I wanted to have your point of view because this mobo I have.

Thanks

Hi,
I have been trying for months to get Bluetooth working. My WiFi is working.
I have the following kexts installed in Library/Extensions ( I have tried them in S/L/E and EFI Kexts 10.11 and neither position works)
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi
FakePCIID

BrcmPatchRAM2
BrcmFirmwareData

I have attached a copy of my hardware report on Bluetooth and EFI config.plist mod.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Bluetooth Hardware.pdf
    29.9 KB · Views: 171
Hi all,

Is there anyone who had installed a SSD m2 (behind the motherboard)? I'm buying the new Samsung 960 evo. Some users recommend to use IOnvmefamilly kext but I wanted to have your point of view because this mobo I have.

Thanks

#Update
Hi, for those who are willing to install a ssd m2 sata like the 960 evo Samsung as me, here what I did. Prior, it's a new install so I may lack of perspective on the situation to say freely the device runs perfectly at 100% but for now everything goes well. TRIM mode is even auto-activated. Warning : this is an update and not a start from scratch (clean install) but I'm pretty sure it will work too.

#Motivation
I was on a SSD SATA3 with around 500 mo/s write/read and the idea of ssd m2 sata, especially the NVMe ones, is reaching 3,2 go/s of reading and around 1,8 go/s of writing. As you see in attachment, the result in read mode is under the expectations. I don't know why but it's fine for now.

#How-to
On this following link download the file : https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme
Unzip it to release patch-name-master
Open the correspond NVMe_patches_10_XX_X.plist with a code editor like SublimeText
Next to it, open your config.plist (Mount EFI with CC) with the same editor. At this point I recommend copying somewhere else the config.plist allowing in case of an issue to return to the original situation.
Both these documents have a <key>KextsToPatch</key> section and the idea is to transfer all the <dict> section from NVMe_patches_10_XX_X.plist to config.plist
Save and reboot.

#Feedback
I don't know if I did all in the right way. I even recommend checking tutorials by yourself before starting. Feel free to give feedback if something can be improved (like increase read speed to 3,2 go/sec)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-02-04 à 14.31.33.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2017-02-04 à 14.31.33.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back