Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's something wrong with the red port. I've plugged in a USB 3 device (external portable hdd) and it doesn't allow me to copy files to it, it starts but it's laggy and stops during the first seconds. Not USB 3 speed at all. I'm gonna get a USB-C adaptor, and try to manually route all ports. Could you please share your config.plist? Thanks for everything!

There's something wrong with the red port. I've plugged in a USB 3 device (external portable hdd) and it doesn't allow me to copy files to it, it starts but it's laggy and stops during the first seconds. Not USB 3 speed at all. I'm gonna get a USB-C adaptor, and try to manually route all ports. Could you please share your config.plist? Thanks for everything!

I forgot. I only got the red port working in Sierra at a 3.1 port. I'm not sure that a SSDT fix is possible. I'll share my config and the SSDT file I made before compiling later today when I get home.

I forgot. I only got the red port working in Sierra at a 3.1 port. I'm not sure that a SSDT fix is possible. I'll share my config and the SSDT file I made before compiling later today when I get home.
I'm on Sierra since yesterday, and though usb 3.1 port is shown by the system profiler... doesn't work as expected... :(

No, but I would search the thread on the H170N motherboard as it is very similar and any fix should work for this one.
I have tried lots of them and still no success. for now I'm forced to use single monitor until maybe some other fix works.

I'm on Sierra since yesterday, and though usb 3.1 port is shown by the system profiler... doesn't work as expected... :(

I may have a fix. You should name the SSDT-USB.aml file I made to SSDT-1.aml and put it in the patched folder. SSDT.aml should be the processor specific SSDT you can download. Let me know if that works.

Hi VanillaIcee,
Could you please share your config.plist? Preferably the one without nvidia patches? In Mac OS Sierra, I am having so much struggle getting bluetooth to work (wifi works using the BCM94352Z). Also sleep works only when monitor automatically goes to sleep based on monitor inbuilt sleep timer. If it goes to sleep from MAC power options, its not possible to get it back to work without power off /cold reboot.

Hi VanillaIcee,
Could you please share your config.plist? Preferably the one without nvidia patches? In Mac OS Sierra, I am having so much struggle getting bluetooth to work (wifi works using the BCM94352Z). Also sleep works only when monitor automatically goes to sleep based on monitor inbuilt sleep timer. If it goes to sleep from MAC power options, its not possible to get it back to work without power off /cold reboot.

This is my config.plist for macOS Sierra. It should work for El Capitan, except for the need to edit the Graphics sections and ig-platform-id and 'Inject Intel'.

I've also attached my complete CLOVER folder. You can remove CodecCommander.kext, I have that to fix the sound after reboot from Windows.

Last edited:
This is my config.plist for macOS Sierra. It should work for El Capitan, except for the need to edit the Graphics sections and ig-platform-id and 'Inject Intel'.

I've also attached my complete CLOVER folder. You can remove CodecCommander.kext, I have that to fix the sound after reboot from Windows.

Thanks. I have quiet a number of extras in my Mac OS Sierra clover
1. Graphics: I did not know that the igfx inject and kextpatches were no longer needed in 10.12. I was able to remove this and everything works including 4K with pixel patch
2. Kernel and Kext Patches: I just had to add 3 new pci-error kexttopatch for getting the broadcom wifi to work in 10.12.1 (along with Darkvoid and FCC-US-dv patches)
3. ACPI section: I see that you do not have APIC patch checked at all. Are you even able to boot without this? Mine does not seem to boot without this checked. Also some DSDT patches and drop tables. Need to experiment some more with these.
4. Boot: I had darkwake=0. I will remove that and see how it goes.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Thanks. I have quiet a number of extras in my Mac OS Sierra clover
1. Graphics: I did not know that the igfx inject and kextpatches were no longer needed in 10.12. I was able to remove this and everything works including 4K with pixel patch
2. Kernel and Kext Patches: I just had to add 3 new pci-error kexttopatch for getting the broadcom wifi to work in 10.12.1 (along with Darkvoid and FCC-US-dv patches)
3. ACPI section: I see that you do not have APIC patch checked at all. Are you even able to boot without this? Mine does not seem to boot without this checked. Also some DSDT patches and drop tables. Need to experiment some more with these.
4. Boot: I had darkwake=0. I will remove that and see how it goes.

Strange. That's my working config. What firmware are you on? I'm also surprised 4k works buts that's good to hear. Please share additional patches that you find and we can trial them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back