Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I've gone through these steps a couple of times with each resulting in panic upon restart. I've wiped the drive and clean started a couple of times as well and can't seem to find the solution. Thanks in advance for info. Cheers.
upload_2017-6-13_21-7-35.png

Attachments

• IMG_1657.JPG
    IMG_1657.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
Hey everyone. I've gone through these steps a couple of times with each resulting in panic upon restart.
Kernel Panic caused by GPUSensors.kext
Try to boot without caches (-f) and/or safe mode (-x) in Clover and remove the kext.

The FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins v6.25-332-gf3a8525c.1758 is NOT compatible with NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards. If you do not delete it from /Library/Extensions your system will kernel panic on boot.

Hi, some one have the instalation guide for this motherboard but with SIERRA? becouse I have problems with WIFI and Graphics.

Thanks a lot.

I'm on sierra yes! But what about high sierra?

Hey thanks, I need the instalation for this motherboard, I have the I7 6700k. I need if is possible the step by step to that motherboard on SIERRA. Thanks a lot im newbie on this.

Thanks so much for the detailed guide! Does anyone have sleep working properly with this motherboard on Sierra? I've got everything working except for sleep now. I also have a dedicated AMD GPU (Radeon RX 460) with integrated graphics disabled, so that may be adding to my troubles.

I'm going to post in the appropriate sleep/power management-related threads later tonight when I'm on my Hackintosh, but I wanted to check here first.

Fixing USB Ports
  • Install USBInjectAll into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
  • Install the following SSDT-1.aml file into your patched SSDT folder at /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. The previous processor SSDT should be named SSDT.aml and in the folder, as per the instructions above.
  • USB3 and USB2 ports should work (did not test type C port)
  • USB3.1 port (red) works, but only tested in macOS Sierra

I followed part of this guide as per recommendation of this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...z170mx-gaming-5-i7-6700k-gtx-1080-960.214769/

So I'm sure its something simple I'm missing but I followed this and I still have some USB ports that are not working. Specifically, my two front USB 3.0 ports aren't working. I have the LIAN LI Ebonsteel K6 case which has 1 x 2.0 USB port and 2 x 3.0 USB ports on the front panel.

I currently have my dongle for my Logitech M510 wireless mouse in the 2.0 port and when I went to plug in my external Seagate hard drive it would not work. It was only until I plugged into the motherboard back panel that I was able to access the hard drive.

ANY IDEAS?

I followed part of this guide as per recommendation of this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...z170mx-gaming-5-i7-6700k-gtx-1080-960.214769/

So I'm sure its something simple I'm missing but I followed this and I still have some USB ports that are not working. Specifically, my two front USB 3.0 ports aren't working. I have the LIAN LI Ebonsteel K6 case which has 1 x 2.0 USB port and 2 x 3.0 USB ports on the front panel.

I currently have my dongle for my Logitech M510 wireless mouse in the 2.0 port and when I went to plug in my external Seagate hard drive it would not work. It was only until I plugged into the motherboard back panel that I was able to access the hard drive.

ANY IDEAS?
Use Windows to find where those front USB 3.0 ports are in the device tree. Are they controlled by the XHC or by a hub connected to the XHC, or by a different controller altogether?

On the GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 the front USB ports are SS01 and SS02. It only has 1 USB 3.0 header (2 ports).

The GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 is a different motherboard. It has 2 USB 3.0 headers (4 ports). Your case only has 2 USB 3.0 ports though. You should try connecting the USB 3.0 ports to each of the headers to map their location.

The GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 is a different motherboard. It has 2 USB 3.0 headers (4 ports). Your case only has 2 USB 3.0 ports though. You should try connecting the USB 3.0 ports to each of the headers to map their location.

So are you saying I should try and switch the cable from one USB 3.0 header on the MOBO to the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back