Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @cnrd for the updated guide - everything working great so far!

Also big thanks to @Xavorithre for providing the Trim enabling method! (Although I've already used it on my Ive Bridge hack some time ago...must've forgotten about it:lol:)

I also managed getting HWMonitor to work correctly! (showing correct values for CPU, GPU, Frequencies, Voltages, SSDs etc..)
Just copy the 4 sensor kexts from the first post into -> EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (or 10.11) and install the latest version of HWMonitor! (Google's your friend..:wave:)

AND finally....if you're in the same boat as me and clover is adding boot entries to your BIOS (Boot List -> F12) there's another fix for that: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...os-boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.html

Everything working great so far!

Thanks @cnrd for the updated guide - everything working great so far!

Thanks, I just redid the GFX part, as it caused reboots with my machine.

AND finally....if you're in the same boat as me and clover is adding boot entries to your BIOS (Boot List -> F12) there's another fix for that: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...os-boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.html

Thanks, I don't have that problem (I may even have been the one who came up with the method that Linuxhack describes).

But i may add it to the guide at some time :)

Hi all,

this is my first post.

@cnrd: Thank you

I have the same mainboard and problems with booting the second SSD and the USB 3 BUS. Can you please send me your clover config ?

Thank You.

Laurin, Your nvidia 650 GTX Ti is working ? Do you created and added a SDDT or how do you enabled it ?

Thanks

@dahe:

I use only the "SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml" (IOJones report PEG0 for Nvidia GFX) to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched enabled DP audio. Audio works perfect! But I think the Nvidia works out of the box. No configuration in clover needed.

sorry,

its not a 650 GTX Ti! I have a

PNY NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1024 MB

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Laurin, could you share you Clover path folder to use your same configuration and SSDT File?

Thanks very much

@dahe:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-01 um 18.30.41.png

Thank you for the guide cnrd, could you please be more specific about the "Setup your Ram" instructions?

Which config.plist file am I supposed to modify? I've found 3 similar files in the list of downloads you have prepared.

This is my first time creating a Hackintosh, sorry if I'm overlooking something very simple. haha :roll2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back