Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have issues with GTX 660 Ti. No signal and sound doesnt work with the patch.

Following the process from this tutorial with out problems.

I installed El Capitan with nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 and installed the Nvida Web Driver.

Copy the Clover files (added in the post) and Added the flags dart=0 , nvda_drv=1, -v.

I have No signal.

Any solution ?

Thanks

I tried with GTX 750 and the same problem. Blackscreen with HDMI AND displayport.

:(

Hey thanks for the guide got my ud3 up and running first try... excellent guide:p:p

Everything is working except the build only see's half of ram as 8gb, I have 16gb installed, im a complete hackintosh noob sorry :oops::oops:

Hey, thanks for this guide ;)

But I cannot successfully saw the installer. When I boot from my usb I saw the white apple with the white bar, but my computer reboot (without error) once the bar reach the half. I can not figure out why... Do you have an idea ?

Hi guys,

I have the exact same motherboard and I'm wondering how you've managed to get sleep to work. I've set hibernate mode to 0, but I've tested other values such as 25, too. With no succes unfortunately.
Have you done anything in particular to make this work?

Thanks in advance

I didn't do anything special, it just worked out of the box.

Have you created an SSDT.aml for you CPU? (I use a 6600k while I can see that you are using a 6500).

Working PM is pretty much always a requirement for successful sleep.

I have issues with GTX 660 Ti. No signal and sound doesnt work with the patch.

Following the process from this tutorial with out problems.

I installed El Capitan with nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 and installed the Nvida Web Driver.

Copy the Clover files (added in the post) and Added the flags dart=0 , nvda_drv=1, -v.

I have No signal.

Any solution ?

Thanks

Sorry, I'm using a GTX 980 Ti, so I don't really know why yours does not work.

Have you tried the fix for problem 4 here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html ?

Hey thanks for the guide got my ud3 up and running first try... excellent guide:p:p

Everything is working except the build only see's half of ram as 8gb, I have 16gb installed, im a complete hackintosh noob sorry :oops::oops:

Did you edit the RAM part in config.plist? (It's in the SMBIOS part)

Hey, thanks for this guide ;)

But I cannot successfully saw the installer. When I boot from my usb I saw the white apple with the white bar, but my computer reboot (without error) once the bar reach the half. I can not figure out why... Do you have an idea ?

Please add your hardware to your profile, or nobody will be able to help you.

Also boot in verbose and post a pic.

First of all I have to thank you, @cnrd, for this great guide!

As you can tell from the specs in my signature and below my avatar I am rocking the same motherboard - hence I'm using the ALC1155. For the most part it is working great with my BOSE speakers connected to the green jack but the one problem (from giving me the perfect hack) I want to sort out is that there's no sound after waking from sleep.
I've already tried Audio ID1 and ID2 - maybe another solution might be changing the system definition?! (I've already changed it from iMac17,1 -> 14,2 to get my GTX 980 working)

Solutions are more than welcome :thumbup:

I want to sort out is that there's no sound after waking from sleep.

I actually do have a solution :)

Install this kext with kextBeast (Does not work in the clover folder): http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ssibly-other-realteks-codeccommander.kext.zip Credit: tigersoul925

(I've already changed it from iMac17,1 -> 14,2 to get my GTX 980 working)

Should work just fine with 17,1 or 17,2 (with the nvidia web drivers) have you done the black screen fix: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html (Problem 4).

I'm not sure, but I think that 17,1 or 17,2 should give better support as those are the only Skylake machines currently available.

Further I'm going to rewrite parts of the guide when I have the time, as I have been running my system for some time now and have fixed small problems here and there. (Should not require a reinstall)

But I have found some solutions for (Just from the top of my head):

Audio (Not using the SSDT anymore, and fixing sleep and wake sound using the kext above), should also enable HDMI audio.
Working CPU PWM.
Working GPU PWM (On my card at least).
I also discovered that NVRam entries are not correctly retained across reboots, I found a fix, but I'm still investigating the best solution.

I also cleaned up some of the kernel patches, but I'm not sure that I will be releasing that part, as it requires modding the BIOS, which could cause motherboard failures and is not really required. (Just feeding my OCD for a system with as few patches as possible).

Right now I'm working on getting iCloud Photo Library to behave, as it does not want to sync my pictures.

@cnrd: Thank you so much for your solutions! Finally got everything up and runnin:D

Next thing I'll try is overclock my 6600k a little bit and see how that goes.

Will keep you (cnrd) and all the other ones that use the same mobo updated!

PS.: @cnrd I was wondering whether HWMonitor and the corresponding kexts might work under the new Skylake architecture, given that you already tried them ;-)
Another thing is I want to enable TRIM - is it save to use the trimforce command? I've already tried it once but it gave me an ACPI error when booting verbose:confused:

Further I'm going to rewrite parts of the guide when I have the time, as I have been running my system for some time now and have fixed small problems here and there. (Should not require a reinstall)

But I have found some solutions for (Just from the top of my head):

Audio (Not using the SSDT anymore, and fixing sleep and wake sound using the kext above), should also enable HDMI audio.
Working CPU PWM.
Working GPU PWM (On my card at least).
I also discovered that NVRam entries are not correctly retained across reboots, I found a fix, but I'm still investigating the best solution.

I also cleaned up some of the kernel patches, but I'm not sure that I will be releasing that part, as it requires modding the BIOS, which could cause motherboard failures and is not really required. (Just feeding my OCD for a system with as few patches as possible).

I'm looking forward to it! :)
I'm especially interested in the NVRam part, my computer needs 2 boot cycles to enter OS X and I'm pretty sure it's GPU related.

Btw, I still can't get sleep to work, even when using PikeRAplha's SSDTPRGen. The Clover files that you uploaded don't contain any SSDT for your CPU, is that right?

Another thing is I want to enable TRIM - is it save to use the trimforce command? I've already tried it once but it gave me an ACPI error when booting verbose:confused:

Use method 3 mentioned here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd/
That method has been working for me for years now.

I just updated the guide, I'm sorry if I missed anything.

PS.: @cnrd I was wondering whether HWMonitor and the corresponding kexts might work under the new Skylake architecture, given that you already tried them ;-)

Added those, but be aware that they may not work correctly (HWMonitor shows only 3 speeds for CPU (Use the Intel Power Gadget to get the true speeds), and PCH die shows 120 C). Please use the ones I added as the current version on the HWMonitor website cause KP with Skylake (The ones I added are compiled by me, from the GitHub source).

is it save to use the trimforce command? I've already tried it once but it gave me an ACPI error when booting verbose:confused:

I'm using a spinning drive, so I have no idea :)

The Clover files that you uploaded don't contain any SSDT for your CPU, is that right?

Yep, that's on purpose, as people may use different CPUs.

I'm especially interested in the NVRam part

That is added, I'm using the Clover NVRAM emulator, as I'm not sure that our Motherboard supports saving the NVRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back