Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the GA-H87N-WIFI with GT 740

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never tried three monitors, so I can't speak from experience. You might try using the MacPro3,1 system definition, just in case it doesn't expect an iMac to have three monitors available or something.

i will try using the MacPro3,1 and post back with the results.

by the way the 3 monitors work perfect with the intel graphics, except for the shutdown problem.:thumbup:

thanks for your recommendation!

Thank you so much for this detailed guide. I dug up some older hardware (including this H87N-Wifi) so decided to make a workstation out of it. I remember when i first got it and installed OS X 10.8 the procedure was much more difficult than this, especially the audio part.The audio didn't work after the first try. I had to run it again and then it worked. Everything that I have tested so far works great. Thank you again.

UPDATE: Found one thing not working. My front panel USB ports. Any ideas on how to fix? I've tried installing RehabMan GenericUSB kext and nothing changed.

Just adding my thanks to OP. Made quick work of getting my z87n wifi reconfigured to use UEFI and Clover with both El Cap and Windows 10 on the same drive. Many of the other guides have you use rufus to make the Windows image, which I thought was pointless, and your guide proved that correct.

I was worried El Cap was going to be more of a pain than Mavericks, but in reality with Toleda's audio scripts, Rehab's BCM kexts and Clover's patching system, it couldn't have been easier. Usable right after initial install, and kept getting more functionality with each step. Heck, beyond the initial install, I did all the other OSX steps remotely over remote desktop.

Dow anybody knows where i can find Gigabyte BIOS F5 por H87N-Wifi (rev 1.x) ou are you using a more recent BIOS version?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much for this detailed guide. I dug up some older hardware (including this H87N-Wifi) so decided to make a workstation out of it. I remember when i first got it and installed OS X 10.8 the procedure was much more difficult than this, especially the audio part.The audio didn't work after the first try. I had to run it again and then it worked. Everything that I have tested so far works great. Thank you again.

UPDATE: Found one thing not working. My front panel USB ports. Any ideas on how to fix? I've tried installing RehabMan GenericUSB kext and nothing changed.

After upgrading to Sierra, copied ammulder's linked patched SSDT.aml file to my EFI partition to get my rear USBs up and running. Worked like a charm. Only problem is that now, as zanesc has pointed out, my front panel USBs don't work anymore. Anyone know why this might be so?

I tried to get my own DSDT:
1. DSDT.aml /SSDT.aml from Clover /Ubuntu
2. with iasl converted to DSDT.dsl /SSDT.dsl
3. open in Maciasl
4. patch gigabyte : series 8
5. tried to compile / save as *.aml : lot of errors
6. giving up

I took your patched DSDT.aml (for H87N) and booted with clover my Z87N. Guess what?
all USB -ports working , only USB2 front is missing (you told before!)

I hope someone will compile the DSDT.aml for Z87N :crazy:

(one problem with and without this file: when apple wireless keybord via bluetooth is connected, sleep works only for a second)

I am having same issue with APPLE MAGIC PAD connected via BLUETOOTH, sleep works when its not connected, when it IS computer goes to sleep and then fans spin up every 30 seconds or so preventing true sleep. Did you find a fix for that? Im using the bluetooth card as recommended in the GUIDE. TY!

K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back