Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y720
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1060, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I finally have the time to make this tutorial, I will be brief as much as I can. Enjoy!

Make sure you have ELAN Touchpad before applying Touchpad/Keyboard Patches.

This tutorial will reward you with working:

- Graphics Card (Intel HD 4400)
- Audio
- Brightness
- Removed Boot logo glitch
- Fixed status bar
- Disabled nvidia
- Battery Status
- Working Touch pad and keyboard

Download this file before you proceed:
File

1. installation.

If you haven't installed OS X yet I always recommend starting on a clean hard disk with no personal stuff on it but if you are sure what you are doing you don't have to, search on this forum or google and you shall find a guide. But choose a guide that uses Clover Boot Loader. (kexts and config.plist you may need are in
files you downloaded at the beginning.

if you have boot problems read HERE.

2. Extracting your DSDT, SSDTs and Patch them.

You need a Linux operating system for that.
- Download Ubuntu here: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

- Guide for making Ubuntu run from USB: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

- After making the bootable ubuntu USB, Restart your computer then press Fn + F12 to enter Boot options, Choose your EFI USB... Then Press Try Ubuntu.

- When you reach Ubuntu's Desktop open Terminal and type these command,

Code:
cd ~/Desktop

sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/SSDT4 > SSDT4.aml
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/SSDT5 > SSDT5.aml

copy those files from ubuntu Desktop to some where on your hard disk/USB so they don't get deleted.

Reboot to OS X copy the extracted files from linux and put them in a new folder on Desktop, copy iasl (
in files you downloaded at the beginning) to /usr/bin (You can reach this folder by opening new finder window and pressing "Alt+Shift+G") and typing /usr/bin then open Terminal and enter these commands:

Code:
cd ~/Desktop/"folderWithExtractedLinuxFilesNameYouCreated"
Code:
[FONT=Courier][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]iasl [COLOR=#666600]-[/COLOR]da [COLOR=#666600]*.[/COLOR]aml[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Now you should have the extracted files with .dsl filename extension in the same folder alongside the extracted ubuntu files.

Go to this website: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch and press Download ZIP (on the right side of the screen) extract this file and put the extracted folder on Desktop.

- Open MaciASL and press "Alt + ," , open iASL Tab choose ACPI 5.0, open Sources tab and press the + button choose a name for it and change the URL to:
file:///Users/"your osx username"/Desktop/Laptop-DSDT-Patch-master and close the Preferences window.

Now open DSDT.dsl and apply this patch to it:

- Fix PARESTOP_STORE/MMTB Error

close patch window

and press compile, now you have a small window called compiler summary and press on the error then delete the line containing the error then press compile repeat until there are no errors.

Now press patch again and Apply these patches in order.

- Remove _DSM Methods
- Audio Layout 12

- GFX0 > IGPU
- [bat] Lenovo z50-70

- Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
- HPET Fix
- SMBUS Fix
- IRQ Fix
- RTC Fix
- OS Check Fix
- Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
- Fix PNOT/PPNT
- Add IMEI

now to make brightness keys work you need to enter these patches manually (copy paste in patch text text field)

Code:
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]into device label RMKB remove_entry;[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]into definitionblock code_regex . insert[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]begin[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]Device (RMKB)\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]{\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]    Name(_HID, "RMKB0000")\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]}\n[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]end;[/FONT][/FONT]

Code:
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]into method label _Q11 replace_content[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]// Brightness Down\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]Notify(\RMKB, 0x2191)\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]Notify(\RMKB, 0x2291)\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]into method label _Q12 replace_content[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]// Brightness Up\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]Notify(\RMKB, 0x2190)\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo][FONT=arial]Notify(\RMKB, 0x2290)\n[/FONT][/FONT]

and this patch for disabling nvidia graphic card:
Code:
[FONT=Courier][FONT=arial]into method label _REG parent_hid PNP0C09 insert[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier][FONT=arial]begin[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier][FONT=arial]//added to finish turning nvidia off (some sort of EC status)\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier][FONT=arial]If (LAnd(LEqual(Arg0,3),LEqual(Arg1,1)))\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier][FONT=arial]{\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier][FONT=arial]   Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.GATY)\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier][FONT=arial]}\n[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier][FONT=arial]end;[/FONT][/FONT]

- Now go to File > Save As > change the name to DSDT.aml and change the saving location to somewhere else and choose file format ACPI Machine Language Binary then hit save.

- Open SSDT4.dsl

press compile, now you have a small window called compiler summary and press on the error then delete the line containing the error then press compile repeat until there are no errors.

Apply these patches:

- GFX0 > IGPU
- Brightness Fix (Haswell)

- Now go to File > Save As > change the name to SSDT4.aml and change the saving location to somewhere else and choose file format ACPI Machine Language Binary then hit save.

- Open SSDT5.dsl

press compile, now you have a small window called compiler summary and press on the error then delete the line containing the error then press compile repeat until there are no errors.

Apply these patches:

- GFX0 > IGPU

enter this patch manually (copy paste in patch text text field):

Code:
[FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]into method label _INI parent_label \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP insert[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]begin[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]//added to turn nvidia off\n[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]_OFF()\n[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]end;[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

- Inside _OFF method comment the code inside if statement by adding // before it

- Now go to File > Save As > change the name to SSDT5.aml and change the saving location to somewhere else and choose file format ACPI Machine Language Binary then hit save.

3. Making other things work!

- Mount the EFI Partition using Clover Configurator
- Copy the patched files to
EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
- Copy config.plist (in files you downloaded at the beginning) to
EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ (replace it)
- Copy kexts folder
(in files you downloaded at the beginning) to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ (replace it) then navigate to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ remove all folder except "Other" that you copied there.

- Install AppleHDA.kext (in files you downloaded at the beginning) using kext utility.

Hi Raff,

Thanks a lot for the guide and the files, I copy them to my computer and after that everything worked for Yosemite.
I have a problem I am doing a clean install of El capitan in another HDD and I have no keyboard, therefor I can not complete the installation, did it happen to you?

I guess a usb keyboard will be enough but if someone know how to fix this please help.

Thank you,
Sebastian

sebartist;[URL="tel:1122963" said:
1122963[/URL]]Hi Raff,

Thanks a lot for the guide and the files, I copy them to my computer and after that everything worked for Yosemite.
I have a problem I am doing a clean install of El capitan in another HDD and I have no keyboard, therefor I can not complete the installation, did it happen to you?

I guess a usb keyboard will be enough but if someone know how to fix this please help.

Thank you,
Sebastian

I am glad you got it work, but to answer to your question no i did not have this problem, are you sure the kext folder in the USB doesn't have more than the "other" folder ?

Hello raff I need your help, I got a Lenovo Z70-80 with specs

Intel Core 5500U Broadwell-U 2.4 GHZ
HD SDD 240 GB SATA Sandisk
16 Gb DDR3
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 840M 2 GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5500 (DVMT 128 MB showed in windows)
Realtek Lan (this works with OSX)
Qualcom Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless
Qualcom Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooh
Conexant Smart Audio HD (CX20751/2)

I can see that you did works your Z50-70 and I need your great support. I installed OSX 10.11 (EL capitan) with a USB Stick prepared using Unibest

First disabled graphics in BIOS with only use Intel, in my case keep with UMA Mode

IMAG0244.jpg

Disabled too UEFI and VT Mode and install without problems.

Now I need some drivers or inject kexts for Intel HD Graphics 5500, Sound and Wifi if were posible

Keyboard works with this kexts
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

In your GUIDE i can see that you have some patch to use almost all in your laptop, in my case I tried to patch my DSDT extracted of my Z70-80 but I did not have success. When I compile appear error and errors like this "Fix PARESTOP_STORE/MMTB Error" and others.

I want to know if is posible that You could modify my DSDT. I Attached file in this message.

I'll be immensely grateful if you can help

Wait for your answer.

Thanks.

PD. I was patching DSDT.aml no DSL because i can't convert it. maybe could be that? If You could prepare the necesary to works my laptop with OSX 10.11 You'll be a big man ...

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    63.6 KB · Views: 256
  • SSDT4.aml
    13 KB · Views: 241
  • SSDT5.aml
    14.1 KB · Views: 258
I am glad you got it work, but to answer to your question no i did not have this problem, are you sure the kext folder in the USB doesn't have more than the "other" folder ?

Hi Raff,
Thank you for your reply.

Yes I checked, at list in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS there is nothing more.

I read is google could be some issue with the internal hub as El capitan change some configuration and dsdt needs to be patched, I have to search more, if I find a solution I will let you know as my computer is working really good with your files, I was able to finish the installation with a usb keyboard and performed some late night test yesterday.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Hello raff I need your help, I got a Lenovo Z70-80 with specs

Intel Core 5500U Broadwell-U 2.4 GHZ
HD SDD 240 GB SATA Sandisk
16 Gb DDR3
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 840M 2 GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5500 (DVMT 128 MB showed in windows)
Realtek Lan (this works with OSX)
Qualcom Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless
Qualcom Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooh
Conexant Smart Audio HD (CX20751/2)

I can see that you did works your Z50-70 and I need your great support. I installed OSX 10.11 (EL capitan) with a USB Stick prepared using Unibest

First disabled graphics in BIOS with only use Intel, in my case keep with UMA Mode

View attachment 156014

Disabled too UEFI and VT Mode and install without problems.

Now I need some drivers or inject kexts for Intel HD Graphics 5500, Sound and Wifi if were posible

Keyboard works with this kexts
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

In your GUIDE i can see that you have some patch to use almost all in your laptop, in my case I tried to patch my DSDT extracted of my Z70-80 but I did not have success. When I compile appear error and errors like this "Fix PARESTOP_STORE/MMTB Error" and others.

I want to know if is posible that You could modify my DSDT. I Attached file in this message.

I'll be immensely grateful if you can help

Wait for your answer.

Thanks.

PD. I was patching DSDT.aml no DSL because i can't convert it. maybe could be that? If You could prepare the necesary to works my laptop with OSX 10.11 You'll be a big man

You can't patch .aml files you need .dsl ones, to get dsl files you need to download the files i provided and copy the file called "iasl" to /usr/bin then open terminal and enter this command:
Code:
cd "Your .aml files location without [URL="http://www.tonymacx86.com/#77066432"] quotes[IMG]http://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png[/IMG][/URL]"

iasl -da *.aml
Now you should have the .dsl files in the same folder and you can patch them then save them again as ACPI Machine Language Binary.

But don't apply touchpad/keyboard patches i wrote if you don't have ELAN.
You can get the audio working with voodooHDA.kext search google and you shall find it.

Hi Raff,
Thank you for your reply.

Yes I checked, at list in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS there is nothing more.

I read is google could be some issue with the internal hub as El capitan change some configuration and dsdt needs to be patched, I have to search more, if I find a solution I will let you know as my computer is working really good with your files, I was able to finish the installation with a usb keyboard and performed some late night test yesterday.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Was the keyboard working on Yosemite ?

Hi Raff!

Yes was working , but I have just re applied the Intel 7/8 haswell patch from Rehabman on my dsdt and it worked! :)
One thing I have now is HDMI port is not working but the VGA does!

If you have any clue is welcome!

Cheers!
Thank you,
Sebastian

Hi Raff!

Yes was working , but I have just re applied the Intel 7/8 haswell patch from Rehabman on my dsdt and it worked! :)
One thing I have now is HDMI port is not working but the VGA does!

If you have any clue is welcome!

Cheers!
Thank you,
Sebastian
Thanks for the information, I will add your suggestion to the guide soon :)
For HDMI Audio I wasn't able to test it yet but you can try this, Download config.plist for intel HD4400 from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config and try one of the HDMI audio patches that match your graphics card.

Thanks for the information, I will add your suggestion to the guide soon :)
For HDMI Audio I wasn't able to test it yet but you can try this, Download config.plist for intel HD4400 from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config and try one of the HDMI audio patches that match your graphics card.

Hello Raff. Do you believe that one of those *.plist could work to my Lenovo Z70-80 with Intel Graphics 5500?

And tell me where copy them? maybe /Library/LaunchDaemons or where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back