Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you installed Sierra on it? Is everything working, as with El Capitan? I'm buying to buy a second-hand S3-391 with the i5 processor :)
And does the sleep function work?
Thank you in advance,
FORGET IT! I have seen here it works like a charm with Sierra :)
Hi, I use the same model as you. S3 391 Core i3 3217U. Can you share your DSDT file and SSDT file. And try to install Sierra?

Hi, I use the same model as you. S3 391 Core i3 3217U. Can you share your DSDT file and SSDT file. And try to install Sierra?

Post #1 has instructions for creating your own ACPI files.
It is always a bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer...

Post #1 has instructions for creating your own ACPI files.
It is always a bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer...
It would be nice if Metalcored00d could share his config.plist and compare it with ours.

Hello, I have i5-3337.
If you want, I can share my files, but maybe SSDT.aml created by the Pike SS...gen will not be OK for you.
Can you confirm if you have 3337 or 3327?
So, I can tell you what to do, and give you my config.plist, too.

Hello, I have i5-3337.
If you want, I can share my files, but maybe SSDT.aml created by the Pike SS...gen will not be OK for you.
Can you confirm if you have 3337 or 3327?
So, I can tell you what to do, and give you my config.plist, too.
Would be good. So you can share only config file and DSDT file. I can create ssdt file for my own. I have 3217U by the way.
So only the ssdt file will be different.

And it's really good for me to tell me what to do. Thank you

Would be good. So you can share only config file and DSDT file. I can create ssdt file for my own. I have 3217U by the way.
So only the ssdt file will be different.

And it's really good for me to tell me what to do. Thank you

Hello. I'm working on it, very hard. Now I only have an issue related to bluetooth. I hope to have it finished next week. Then, I'll create a thread with a tutorial and all the steps, and I will add DSDTs, SSDTs and so on there :)

When done, I will tell it to you!

Hello. I'm working on it, very hard. Now I only have an issue related to bluetooth. I hope to have it finished next week. Then, I'll create a thread with a tutorial and all the steps, and I will add DSDTs, SSDTs and so on there :)

When done, I will tell it to you!
A new guide will be great. I look forward to. Thanks :)

A new guide will be great. I look forward to. Thanks :)
Hi, berkcankaracaa61,

Yesterday I was doing the tutorial-guide, but I had some troubles, message is awaiting for moderation, but it's half-done, later I edited the post, added a tone of lines, then I got the message "you cannot do that, this message is locked" or something similar... As the post is half-done, maybe is has been deleted by a moderator...

So, let's be resolutive.

I attach here all you have requested.

There are two config.plist One is for installation, not using SSDT/DSDTs. The other, called "final", has all the kexts to patch, SSDTs loaded... There's a kext in "other" VoodooPS2, I used that for the installation. Once done, you can delete it and install all I attach to its place (some kexts go to /S/L/E, others to L/E). Once done, rebuild permissions, rebuild cache... I do that with Kext Utility v2.6.6

Remember, you can copy everything in /Clover but forget the ssdt.aml, because you have a different CPU, you know how to build your SSDT.

And the last thing, under /WIFI there is the patched Atheros40 kext. It goes to S/L/E, inside of the IO80211... kext. Go there with secondary click, show contents, go into /Contents/Plugins, and change the Atheros kext.
Remember to rebuild cache/permissions after doing that...

Please, if you try to install Sierra, I've used 10.12.4, give me your feedback.
In this very moment I'm not sure if Power Management is being applied, you know, all the steps, C and P states... because I'm not sure Clover config.plist is configured correctly for that.
Although everything is working, excepting BlueTooth and the card reader, in this moment. It can sleep, you can modify brightness with the Fn+left/right keys...

If my DSDT gives you a KP, tell it to me, and I will tell you all the patches I have applied to my DSDT, to have everything working.

Good luck,

Attachments

• Acer-S3-ThingsYouNeed-provisional.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 532
Hi, berkcankaracaa61,

Yesterday I was doing the tutorial-guide, but I had some troubles, message is awaiting for moderation, but it's half-done, later I edited the post, added a tone of lines, then I got the message "you cannot do that, this message is locked" or something similar... As the post is half-done, maybe is has been deleted by a moderator...

So, let's be resolutive.

There are two config.plist One is for installation, not using SSDT/DSDTs. The other, called "final", has all the kexts to patch, SSDTs loaded... There's a kext in "other" VoodooPS2, I used that for the installation. Once done, you can delete it and install all I attach to its place (some kexts go to /S/L/E, others to L/E). Once done, rebuild permissions, rebuild cache... I do that with Kext Utility v2.6.6

Remember, you can copy everything in /Clover but forget the ssdt.aml, because you have a different CPU, you know how to build your SSDT.

And the last thing, under /WIFI there is the patched Atheros40 kext. It goes to S/L/E, inside of the IO80211... kext. Go there with secondary click, show contents, go into /Contents/Plugins, and change the Atheros kext.

Thank you very much for everything you did. I was very happy to see this message. I start right now to installation. First I will try with your files(DSDT). If I get KP. I would like to help you with DSDT. Does a wifi really work? I thought there is no driver for our wifi card (Qualcomm Atheros AR5BMD222)
I was very happy to hear that Wifi worked. I will try and give you feedback. Thank you for working again and apologize for my english
In this very moment I'm not sure if Power Management is being applied, you know, all the steps, C and P states... because I'm not sure Clover config.plist is configured correctly for that.
Although everything is working, excepting BlueTooth and the card reader, in this moment. It can sleep, you can modify brightness with the Fn+left/right keys...

If my DSDT gives you a KP, tell it to me, and I will tell you all the patches I have applied to my DSDT, to have everything working.

Good luck,
Hi, berkcankaracaa61,

So, let's be resolutive.

Good luck,
Thank you very much for everything you did. I was very happy to see this message. I start right now to installation. First I will try with your files(DSDT). If I get KP. I would like to help you with DSDT. Does a wifi really work? I thought there is no driver for our wifi card (Qualcomm Atheros AR5BMD222)
I was very happy to hear that Wifi worked. I will try and give you feedback. Thank you for your hard work again and apologize for my english :D

I was very happy to hear that Wifi worked. I will try and give you feedback. Thank you for your hard work again and apologize for my english :D
I understand your english and it's enough.
If you get a KP with my DSDTs I will tell you what to patch.
Yes, I have attached the kext that supports our wifi card! It has just been created by some guys in this thread.
Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 00.03.59.png
You can have audio, wifi... of course, you have the kexts you need.

Power management is working, too!
Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 00.05.22.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back