Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I can't get MaciASL to link to Rehabmans patch repo...

The url in the post is incorrect or out dated???

Or am I just being dumb?

Thanks

Hi,

I can't get MaciASL to link to Rehabmans patch repo...

The url in the post is incorrect or out dated???

Or am I just being dumb?

Thanks

The URL in the readme is correct. Show what you have in MaciASL->Prefs-Sources.

Deleted the URL in sources and readded it.
Works fine now...

As does my newly acquired Acer S3 !!!

Just the glitches in the USB to fix...

When I put a 2.0 USB in it shows up in the 3.0 Hub on system report and reads REALLY slowly?
Shouldn't it appear in the 2.0 Hub on the report??

Put in a USB 3.0 stick and no issues at all.

Also, the webcam does not show up at all. No-one has reported this as an issues and windows is using it.

As the webcam is USB based, could the two issues be linked.

I can re-patch a fresh DSDT but can anyone advise on the best method / patches for stable USB?

Thanks.

How's El Capitan's performance on the Acer S3? I picked one up recently, but its Windows performance is so terrible (almost unusable) that I've been hesitant to spend time installing El Capitan without confirmation that it'll actually be useable when I'm done. (Obviously, I'm inclined to blame Windows and bloatware rather than the machine, but would still love to hear opinions).

How's El Capitan's performance on the Acer S3? I picked one up recently, but its Windows performance is so terrible (almost unusable) that I've been hesitant to spend time installing El Capitan without confirmation that it'll actually be useable when I'm done. (Obviously, I'm inclined to blame Windows and bloatware rather than the machine, but would still love to hear opinions).

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Any update for sierra? I'm using the same model. Anyone using this model who have 3217U CPU share own DSDT file? (already Pacthed) Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back