• Intel X-25 40gb SATA SSD (on port 1)
  • nVidia GTX 980Ti
Here are the steps:
  • Had to have an actual Mac where
    • I downloaded Yosemite from Mac App Store
    • Downloaded Unibeast - for Yosemite
    • Downloaded Multibeast - for Yosemite
    • Setup the USB flashdrive for Yosemite by
      • Using disk manager - erase it to MBR/Mac OS Extended Journaled ; labelling it as USB
      • Run Unibeast and select Legacy option
    • Copy Multibeast onto the USB flashdrive
    • Unmount to eject the USB flash drive
  • Going back to the PC to install Yosemite by
    • Insert the USB that we just created and booting to the USB flashdrive (press F10 on the POST) then selecting drive (USB flashdrive) in the Chimera menu type nv_disable=1 to start the Yosemite installation
    • From the Yosemite installation, go to disk utility to format the SSD - important to choose combination of GUID/Mac OS Extended Journaled as the filesystem - label the SSD to MacOSX
    • Start the actual Yosemite installation. Once done it will restart.
    • Boot back to the USB flashdrive BUT selecting the MacOSX drive and use the parameter nv_disable=1. It will start the post Yosemite install on the SSD. Follow the commands until it reaches the desktop.
    • Once on the desktop, run App Store to do a full OS update and install all patches. Allow it to reboot. The build number will change from 14F27 to 14F2511.
    • Boot back to the USB flash drive BUT selecting the MacOSX drive and use the parameter nv_disable=1 to go back to Yosemite desktop.
    • Once back on the desktop, you should see your flashdrive mounted. Open it and run Multibeast.
      • Using the template I had, import it. Install Multibeast. FYI Multibeast setting contains (please un-tick ElliottForceLegacyRTC to prevent any kernel panics)
        • Quick Start > EasyBeast
        • Audio > ALC889
        • Audio > Optional HDAEnabler > Audio ID:1
        • Disk > 3rd Party SATA
        • Disk > Trim Enabler 10.10.3 TRIM Patch
        • EvOreboot
        • FakeSMC
        • NullCPUPowerManagement
        • Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
        • Bootloaders > Chimera v4.1.0
        • Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
        • Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
        • Boot Options > Use KernaleCache
        • System Definitions > iMac 3,1
        • Themes > tonymacx86 Black
      • Unmount to eject the USB flashdrive. Remove the flash drive. Reboot
      • Upon reboot, you should see the SSD is bootable and is showing the Chimera boot screen with the partitions shown, choose MacOSX and use the parameter nv_disable=1 to continue starting up Yosemite. Wait until it reaches the desktop.
      • Download and install the latest nVidia web drivers for 10.10.5 (14F2511). Once done, allow it to reboot
      • Upon reboot on the SSD, select the MacOSX partition and use the parameter nvda_drv=1. You now are able to boot into Yosemite with full resolution.
      • Once on the desktop, you should be able to see the nVidia icon on the upper right menu. Click it to open nVidia Driver Manager. From there
        • Unlock the padlock
        • Choose NVIDIA Web Driver.
        • Lock the padlock
      • All is complete. :)

Hope this helps people that had similar probs as I initially faced setting up OSX, let alone Yosemite lol.
The reason I posted this is I cannot make Adobe CS 5.5 work under Mojave which i did here.

Attachments

• Multibeast Yosemite.mb
    4.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
You may add the following to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>

The next time the HDD boots, it will be quicker and will seem to behave like the real deal :)

Here's my video of it in action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back