Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dual Booting Mountain Lion and Windows 8

[Guide] Mountain Lion and Windows 8

No, not without patching the OS X installer (not recommended). OS X installer will only install to a GPT formatted drive.
Hmm.. okay

I have an mSATA port available on my machine, I can purchase an mSATA SSD and format that as a GPT drive. I would be able to do a fresh install of OS X on this new drive correct?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Hmm.. okay

I have an mSATA port available on my machine, I can purchase an mSATA SSD and format that as a GPT drive. I would be able to do a fresh install of OS X on this new drive correct?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Provided the mSATA port is recognized by OS X, yes...

Would there be any particular reason why OS X wouldn't pick up the port?

I don't know... I've never had a computer with mSATA...

On Legacy mode i cannot install Windows 8 from DVD tray, the error message is: "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style." and im stuck there.

Some suggestions ?

PS: I have Mountain Lion working in perfect conditions with Chimera bootloader.

Thanks a lot.

On Legacy mode i cannot install Windows 8 from DVD tray, the error message is: "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style." and im stuck there.

Some suggestions ?

PS: I have Mountain Lion working in perfect conditions with Chimera bootloader.

Thanks a lot.

Your (duplicate) question is already answered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/103945-dual-booting-w8-os-x-uefi-4.html#post651483

Sorry, dont know where to ask, you say in that post that im posting in wrong area :(.

I will continue the issue there.

Thanks

Just don't post the same thing in two different forums (eg. no cross-posting).

Ok, here is the result, i fallowed the steps and now i have an entire hdd ready to drop at the rubbish without any data, and all lost :(

1.png2.png3.png4.jpg5.png6.jpg

Back