Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dual Booting Mountain Lion and Windows 8

After I have installed Windows 7 on my separate SSD when i try to boot it up with only the Windows 7 SSD connected it tells me a disk error has occurred and freezes on me. Is there anything that I could do to remedy this problem?? I followed the steps given and still no luck. I have tried installing Windows first, then switching the SSD and installing OS X Sierra and still the same results. Sierra works fine but not windows. Please help

My Build:
Gigabyte Z-170X Designare
2 Crucial 256gb SSD
i7 6700k
16gb DDR4 Ram

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 BIOS F7
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
After I have installed Windows 7 on my separate SSD when i try to boot it up with only the Windows 7 SSD connected it tells me a disk error has occurred and freezes on me. Is there anything that I could do to remedy this problem?? I followed the steps given and still no luck. I have tried installing Windows first, then switching the SSD and installing OS X Sierra and still the same results. Sierra works fine but not windows. Please help

My Build:
Gigabyte Z-170X Designare
2 Crucial 256gb SSD
i7 6700k
16gb DDR4 Ram
Make sure that you have installed both OS X and Windows the same way - either both UEFI or both Legacy mode.
Make sure you install Clover bootloader the same way you installed the OSs.

Motherboard
ASUS Z390-A
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Hi there,

I had OSX Mavericks running fine on my BIOS hackintosh with Clover bootloader on the OSX partition.
Now I tried installing Windows 7 on the same harddrive, and reinstalling Clover.
But clover won't load from the harddrive anymore. Only from USB.
I keep stuck with a black screen after the BIOS screen...

Any suggestions?

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 BIOS F7
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Hi there,

I had OSX Mavericks running fine on my BIOS hackintosh with Clover bootloader on the OSX partition.
Now I tried installing Windows 7 on the same harddrive, and reinstalling Clover.
But clover won't load from the harddrive anymore. Only from USB.
I keep stuck with a black screen after the BIOS screen...

Any suggestions?
Make sure you install Clover legacy mode and not UEFI mode.
Easiest way to do this is to use the Clover pkg file downloaded from SourceForge and use the default install without selecting anything. Then replace the config.plist with the one on the USB.

Motherboard
ASUS Z390-A
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Thanks for your reply.

First I tried installing Clover r2.3k r3423 Legacy Boot Mode (which is the same that is installed on the USB stick) via Multibeast, which didn't work.

Then I tried your method, installing Clover r2.3k r3974 from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot and replacing the config.plist on the EFI drive that appeared during installation with the one from the USB stick.
But that didn't do the trick neither.

edit:
So I formatted the EFI partition entirely in the Terminal with "sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1", reinstalled the newest Clover version, et voila! Works like a charme!

Last edited:
Motherboard
DELL i7567 (UHD 4k)
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Intel(R) kabylake Graphics + NVIDA GeForce GTX1050 Ti (3840x2160)
I followed the guide exactly. Got both Wndows 7 and Mavericks installed. Only problem is default boot drive is Windows and I want it to be Mavericks. Any ideas on how I can remedy this so that Mavericks is my default drive ? To get into Mavericks I must have my unibeast usb drive inserted also...... Any insights would be much appreciated.

I am working on a Pro Book 4530s

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I followed the guide exactly. Got both Wndows 7 and Mavericks installed. Only problem is default boot drive is Windows and I want it to be Mavericks. Any ideas on how I can remedy this so that Mavericks is my default drive ? To get into Mavericks I must have my unibeast usb drive inserted also...... Any insights would be much appreciated.

I am working on a Pro Book 4530s
Assuming you followed the ProBook guide...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-elitebook-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Read post #2 of the laptop guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Motherboard
DELL i7567 (UHD 4k)
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Intel(R) kabylake Graphics + NVIDA GeForce GTX1050 Ti (3840x2160)
As fas as I'm aware i thought it was just a case of changing the boot order.... I ahve have been trying that using Chameleon Wizard without success.....

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS