Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dual boot Windows and Yosemite with Clover EFI Boot Loader on a Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-591G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gonna chip in here.

Thanks for the guide, its helped me greatly on my way to getting OS X installed on this line of laptop.

However, to fix boot issues with windows/osx, just go to bios and add clover.efi as a safe boot, save and quit, then go back into bios.

Clover will now show in the boot order, just move it to the top then save and quit.

Clover will now boot as default. no renaming, no editing efi files.

Just gonna chip in here.

Thanks for the guide, its helped me greatly on my way to getting OS X installed on this line of laptop.

However, to fix boot issues with windows/osx, just go to bios and add clover.efi as a safe boot, save and quit, then go back into bios.

Clover will now show in the boot order, just move it to the top then save and quit.

Clover will now boot as default. no renaming, no editing efi files.

Creating boot entries (if required) is covered in the guide.

But the original problem was not booting... but rather no QE/CI due to incorrect Clover setup.

Creating boot entries (if required) is covered in the guide.

But the original problem was not booting... but rather no QE/CI due to incorrect Clover setup.

I'm the man from the Final Cut thread... I tried patching DDST/SSDT: I got the files from ubuntu (yaih, I have triple boot), but iascl went in so many errors even with the refs.txt... After tweaking and updating Clover following your guides, I finally managed to get a (almost) fully working 10.10.5 environment. (That includes Final Cut)

The only bugs are:

-I got a reboot a few days ago when using FinalCut (should I look at this or is not necessary? Should I activate the Haswell patch in Clover?? Is this early reboot in some way?)

-Brightness control is not working and I'm not able to resume screen after suspending... Looks like that is fixed by patching DSDT, but that's too much trouble for me :( Could I use this DSDT? Would it work? What do you think?

-Also, clickpad is working but swipe up/down gestures and touch with two fingers to right click are not working... I tried this with no effect :(... i thisnk it's synactics since that's the recommended driver for windows, but there's no info about clickpad model...

I'm the man from the Final Cut thread... I tried patching DDST/SSDT: I got the files from ubuntu (yaih, I have triple boot), but iascl went in so many errors even with the refs.txt... After tweaking and updating Clover following your guides, I finally managed to get a (almost) fully working 10.10.5 environment. (That includes Final Cut)

For ACPI patching, see guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Use Clover F4 and correct tools.

For ACPI patching, see guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Use Clover F4 and correct tools.
I've already tried. To be concise and clean:

1)Can I use this DSDT already patched?
2)Should I apply this Haswell early reboot patch?
3)Is there any solution for ClickPad swipe/rightclick gestures?? I tried this with no luck

Thank you for your time and dedication to this forum

For people on this thread having trouble with boot: Referring to CLOVER.EFI from windows bootloader via windows cmd is an easy option to get clover working

1)Can I use this DSDT already patched?

Your question is answered in my guide... always a bad idea to use a DSDT from another computer.
Always patch your own.

Not needed with Clover. Clover has my patch built-in with KernelPm=true.

3)Is there any solution for ClickPad swipe/rightclick gestures?? I tried this with no luck

What trackpad do you have? Post ioreg if you're not sure.

Your question is answered in my guide... always a bad idea to use a DSDT from another computer.
Always patch your own.

Not needed with Clover. Clover has my patch built-in with KernelPm=true.
I'll try another time then to deal with errors...
What trackpad do you have? Post ioreg if you're not sure.
I attach my IOreg, the ClickPad is Synaptics cause that are the drivers recommended by Acer for Windows...
Do you see something else relevant in my IOreg???

Thank you

Attachments

• ioerg.ioreg
    9.9 MB · Views: 223
I'll try another time then to deal with errors...

I attach my IOreg, the ClickPad is Synaptics cause that are the drivers recommended by Acer for Windows...
Do you see something else relevant in my IOreg???

Thank you

ioreg comments:
- lots of work to do regarding ACPI patching here...
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext not recommended (not needed either) (use FakePCIID+FakePCIID_XHCIMux instead)
- CPU power management not implemented
- IGPU power management not implemented (comes along with correct ACPI patching)
- Nvidia not disabled (again... ACPI patching)
- backlight control not implemented (guess what you need...)
- there is no PS2 trackpad
- guessing your trackpad is connected via internal USB (would require special drivers to be created for full functionality)

See pinned guides: http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/el-capitan-laptop-support.181/

Hello,

First, I want to say thank you for this awesome guide, it's the first time that I successful to have an appropriate setup (I failed the first time because I had no time and build a hackintosh is a real challenge).

I'm on the same laptop, I installed El Capitain, and the most of things works (gpu, sound, etc) thanks to this thread (and the others guides on the El Capitan forum).

But I have some mistakes with SSDT Patching for disabling nvidia GPU.
My dump was done on Archlinux, with the help of the patching DSDT/SSDT Guide.
On the first page of this thread, Ikayghan said that SSDT4 and SSDT5 must be patched, and when I patch SSDT4 for fix brightness, I can't compile, I have 4 errors, the same in different lines : "Syntax Error, unexpected PARSEOP_INTEGER".
In the SSDT5, the _OFF method is completely different than the example, so I tried to adapt the code to my SSDT, but it ends with an error : "Input file does not appear to be an ASL or data table source file" when I copy paste (with changing CXTX/SGOF and try to respect the format) or "Too few Arguments (CCHK Requires 1)" on

Code:
If (LEqual (CCHK, Zero))
and
Code:
Store (One, CCHK)

I notice also that I have the iasl message when I disassemble SSDT4 :"There were 10 external control methods found during disassembly, but only 9 were resolved" (I used the refs.txt). I am on this since 2 days, I don't know what to do ; If there is an obvious fix to all this problem, I am very sorry, but it's my "very" first time to build an hackintosh, I am lost.

There is my .ioreg file and my native files from the archlinux dump.

Thank you in advance for help.

(I am sorry for my bad english)

Attachments

• MacBook Pro de Mohamed.ioreg
    2.2 MB · Views: 239
  • tables.zip
    45.7 KB · Views: 225
Hello,

First, I want to say thank you for this awesome guide, it's the first time that I successful to have an appropriate setup (I failed the first time because I had no time and build a hackintosh is a real challenge).

I'm on the same laptop, I installed El Capitain, and the most of things works (gpu, sound, etc) thanks to this thread (and the others guides on the El Capitan forum).

But I have some mistakes with SSDT Patching for disabling nvidia GPU.
My dump was done on Archlinux, with the help of the patching DSDT/SSDT Guide.
On the first page of this thread, Ikayghan said that SSDT4 and SSDT5 must be patched, and when I patch SSDT4 for fix brightness, I can't compile, I have 4 errors, the same in different lines : "Syntax Error, unexpected PARSEOP_INTEGER".
In the SSDT5, the _OFF method is completely different than the example, so I tried to adapt the code to my SSDT, but it ends with an error : "Input file does not appear to be an ASL or data table source file" when I copy paste (with changing CXTX/SGOF and try to respect the format) or "Too few Arguments (CCHK Requires 1)" on

Code:
If (LEqual (CCHK, Zero))
and
Code:
Store (One, CCHK)

I notice also that I have the iasl message when I disassemble SSDT4 :"There were 10 external control methods found during disassembly, but only 9 were resolved" (I used the refs.txt). I am on this since 2 days, I don't know what to do ; If there is an obvious fix to all this problem, I am very sorry, but it's my "very" first time to build an hackintosh, I am lost.

There is my .ioreg file and my native files from the archlinux dump.

Thank you in advance for help.

(I am sorry for my bad english)

Use Clover F4 to extract ACPI files.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back