Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dual boot Windows and Yosemite with Clover EFI Boot Loader on a Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-591G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both switches work on my u430 with BCM94352HMB.

Same here.

...I just now tried to re-install just the Wifi driver. Installed fine and Device Manager shows the hardware is working but the Wifi sliders to turn wifi on/off in Windows 8.1 are greyed out. No way to turn it on. It is set to off...

Drivers problem most likely. Only happens when drivers are not installed.

No. Like in this image

Hey guys,

Yeah, have a look. This is what I am seeing. There is no way to turn on Wifi (totally greyed out), no matter which driver I install (whether the auto-detected Windows driver or the Broadcom one from either Dell, Acer or Lenovo). If you look at Device Manager, Bluetooth is not even showing up, and the Broadcom driver is reporting no problems. There is no physical switch on this laptop nor is there an option in BIOS to turn Bluetooth/Wifi on or off. It's just a pain because I bought this card thinking I can avoid using USB dongles altogether in both Windows and Mac OS.

wifi1.pngwifi2.pngbcrm-wifi.png

My card is the DW1560 version of the BCM94352z (it is an M.2 NGFF A+E key card). Here are the device IDs, if you're curious

Bluetooth
Vendor ID: 0A5C
Product ID: 216F

Wifi
Vendor ID: 14E4
Product ID: 43B1

WiFi properties:

Capture.JPG

Wifi: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&SUBSYS_2154103C&REV_03\240A00FFFF00000100

BT: USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21FB&REV_0112

WiFi properties:

View attachment 135082

Wifi: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&SUBSYS_2154103C&REV_03\240A00FFFF00000100

BT: USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21FB&REV_0112

Here is my Device instance path (it's not a perfect match, but the vendor and device IDs match):

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43B1&SUBSYS_00191028&REV_03\ACD100FFFF00000100

May I ask where you got your Windows driver? I only went to official sources (eg. Dell, Lenovo, Acer). I don't like using questionable "driver" sites. You never know what they may slipstream.

May I ask where you got your Windows driver? I only went to official sources (eg. Dell, Lenovo, Acer). I don't like using questionable "driver" sites. You never know what they may slipstream.

I'm pretty sure it was "just there" or came from Windows Update.

I'm pretty sure it was "just there" or came from Windows Update.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the M.2 format and A key vs. E key. The original Atheros card was an E key card. The Dell DW1560 is an A key. This Dell card, as mentioned, works perfectly in OSX, but for some reason not turning on in Windows. Maybe a BIOS feature OR a missing PIN on the A key that powers it on in Windows? Long shot, but one has to wonder. I bought another bcm94352z, this time an E key Lenovo card. I'll see if that works.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the M.2 format and A key vs. E key. The original Atheros card was an E key card. The Dell DW1560 is an A key. This Dell card, as mentioned, works perfectly in OSX, but for some reason not turning on in Windows. Maybe a BIOS feature OR a missing PIN on the A key that powers it on in Windows? Long shot, but one has to wonder. I bought another bcm94352z, this time an E key Lenovo card. I'll see if that works.

Probably... maybe there is a pin you can tape if the E key device doesn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back