Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dual boot Windows and Yosemite with Clover EFI Boot Loader on a Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-591G

Status
Not open for further replies.
My touchpad works, even tap to click. I think you will need the VoodooPS2Controller.kext if I am not mistaken. Do you have that file in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other ??

Weird. My touchpad works after restarting :eek:
One more, my battery indicator is showing percentage. I thought it's not working ?

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 4.09.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-14 at 4.09.45 PM.png

Edited : Not sure if it's working. I charged until 92% in MacOS and restarted.Then I booted into Windows but it's only showing 88% (Instead of 92%)

Weird. My touchpad works after restarting :eek:
One more, my battery indicator is showing percentage. I thought it's not working ?

View attachment 134002View attachment 134003

Edited : Not sure if it's working. I charged until 92% in MacOS and restarted.Then I booted into Windows but it's only showing 88% (Instead of 92%)

My battery indicator is not working. Are you using a custom kext? Did you modify your DSDT by following Rehabman's battery tutorial? I can live without it, but it would be nice to get working. I think the 4% difference is normal? Two different OS's perhaps report things differently? Not sure.

My battery indicator is not working. Are you using a custom kext? Did you modify your DSDT by following Rehabman's battery tutorial? I can live without it, but it would be nice to get working. I think the 4% difference is normal? Two different OS's perhaps report things differently? Not sure.

I applied the Acer 3820tg patch from Rehabman on my DSDT and I used the acpibatterymanager.kext .

I applied the Acer 3820tg patch from Rehabman on my DSDT and I used the acpibatterymanager.kext .

It that patch is working well, I'll add a comment in the patch for Acer Nitro...

I attached my DSDT.

Here is my screenshot when I charged my laptop to 100% and still plugging in.

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 12.06.44 AM.png

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    61.4 KB · Views: 192
I attached my DSDT.

Here is my screenshot when I charged my laptop to 100% and still plugging in.

View attachment 134051

DSDT needs patching... note:
Code:
        OperationRegion (RAM, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)
        Field (RAM, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
        {
            Offset (0xE0), 
            EBRC,   16, 
            EBFC,   16, 
            EBPE,   16, 
            EBAC,   16, 
            EBVO,   16, 
                ,   15, 
            EBCM,   1, 
            EBCU,   16, 
            EBTV,   16
        }

Field (RAM, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
        {
            Offset (0xE0), 
            EBDC,   16, 
            EBDV,   16, 
            EBSN,   16
        }

Field (RAM, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
        {
            Offset (0xE0), 
            EBMN,   128
        }

{
            Offset (0xE0), 
            EBDN,   128
        }

{
            Offset (0xE0), 
            EBCH,   128
        }

Read post #1 of battery guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Rehabman,

Here is my raw, unaltered DSDT.dsl (zipped). When I refer to your battery patching tutorial and search for "EmbeddedControl" using MaciASL, it is making reference to RAM, but nothing under it seems higher than 8-bit. I am thoroughly confused how to get this battery status working. Keep in mind that ylums used the Acer 3820tg patch on his DSDT. The one I am attaching is straight from a Linux ACPI dump. I am obviously missing something, but don't know what exactly to look for, and how to fix.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl.zip
    55.2 KB · Views: 140
One more thing, I pair with my phone via bluetooth to access the Internet. But once I restarted, it seems not working anymore. Weird. Same with ikayhan :lol:

Rehabman,

Here is my raw, unaltered DSDT.dsl (zipped). When I refer to your battery patching tutorial and search for "EmbeddedControl" using MaciASL, it is making reference to RAM, but nothing under it seems higher than 8-bit. I am thoroughly confused how to get this battery status working. Keep in mind that ylums used the Acer 3820tg patch on his DSDT. The one I am attaching is straight from a Linux ACPI dump. I am obviously missing something, but don't know what exactly to look for, and how to fix.

Read post #26.

Make sure you disassemble your DSDT/SSDTs correctly. See guide:http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

One more thing, I pair with my phone via bluetooth to access the Internet. But once I restarted, it seems not working anymore. Weird. Same with ikayhan :lol:

What bluetooth hardware do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back