Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Could not find off method and code as described it in guide.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 95
Could not find off method and code as described it in guide.

Your _OFF is in SSDT-*-OptTabl at path _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.
It appears you have changed your BIOS settings and have an intermix of two different ACPI dumps.
Make sure you remove all ACPI files from ACPI/origin and do F4 extract again to avoid that.

upload_2018-2-15_23-11-53.png

upload_2018-2-15_23-12-47.png

Does it means i have pre disabled dedicated graphics ?

Hi RehabMan,
i'm trying to disable my Nvidia 640 but even if i've followed your instruction in the first post it is still there.
The _OFF and _INI are in the same SSDT-5 ... i Have an EC call that i replicated in the DSDT _REG ... but i must have done a mistake somewhere ...
i attach all my files

Attachments

• debug_6740.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
Hi RehabMan,
i'm trying to disable my Nvidia 640 but even if i've followed your instruction in the first post it is still there.
The _OFF and _INI are in the same SSDT-5 ... i Have an EC call that i replicated in the DSDT _REG ... but i must have done a mistake somewhere ...
i attach all my files

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
You have DropOem=true. Should be false.
Also, you should have only the SSDTs that need patching in ACPI/patched.
According to what you write above, I expect that only SSDT-5.aml is present in ACPI/patched. Remove the other SSDTs.

See "Recommended configurations" in the ACPI patching guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
You have DropOem=true. Should be false.
Also, you should have only the SSDTs that need patching in ACPI/patched.
According to what you write above, I expect that only SSDT-5.aml is present in ACPI/patched. Remove the other SSDTs.

See "Recommended configurations" in the ACPI patching guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Ok .. i will do that asap but even if that's true that i modified only DSDT and SSDT-5 when i disassemble all the other SSDT and check if they have errors i optimized them using MACIASL so i guess that they are better than the original ones .. Am I wrong ?

Ok .. i will do that asap but even if that's true that i modified only DSDT and SSDT-5 when i disassemble all the other SSDT and check if they have errors i optimized them using MACIASL so i guess that they are better than the original ones .. Am I wrong ?

Ok disabling DropEem did the job!
Thanks !

SSDTs which require no patches should NOT be placed in ACPI/patched.
It is simply not necessary.

Back