Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

I've got a Lenovo Yoga 720 and am trying to disable Nvidia. The off method and INI are located in SDST 10. I don't see any EC code there and have added the patch to the INI but it isn't working. Rehabman, can you take a look?

Attachments

• problem reporting files.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 82
Sorry Rehabman, I looked over my working files and realized that some of the DSL and AML files are not synced. Let me clean them up first. I don't want to waste your time. quick question about naming though, I have both EC0 and H_EC in my dsdt. Do I rename all references to both to EC or does this need to be handled differently?

I've got a Lenovo Yoga 720 and am trying to disable Nvidia. The off method and INI are located in SDST 10. I don't see any EC code there and have added the patch to the INI but it isn't working. Rehabman, can you take a look?

Your ioreg shows no Nvidia. What do you mean "isn't working"?

Do I rename all references to both to EC or does this need to be handled differently?

Your ioreg shows EC active. It is EC, not EC0 due to your edits (EC0->EC).
No ECDT, so this rename is safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I get rid of the Discrete Spoof SDST?

I didn't even notice the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml.
Test is not valid with it.
Must remove.

Excuse me, I only have SSDT-0 to SSDT-8, can I apply this patch?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 10.49.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 10.49.32 AM.png
    287.3 KB · Views: 128
Excuse me, I only have SSDT-0 to SSDT-8, can I apply this patch?

You should not expect to have the same number/naming of SSDTs.
It is content that matters, not the naming/numbering.

I didn't even notice the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml.
Test is not valid with it.
Must remove.
Ok, with discrete spoof ssdt removed, I'm back to gioscreenlockstate 3 error on boot. I'm attaching clover folder and working DSL and AML files

Attachments

• problem reporting files 3.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
Ok, with discrete spoof ssdt removed, I'm back to gioscreenlockstate 3 error on boot. I'm attaching clover folder and working DSL and AML files

What do you mean by "working AML files"?
Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario.

What do you mean by "working AML files"?
Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario.
Poor wording on my part. I've attached the clover folder and a folder containing the disassembled files that I am making my edits to. Inside that folder is another folder with the AML files that I save as I go.
These are identical to the ones inside the clover Patched folder. So working as in Work in progress.
Sorry for the confusion.

Back