Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

It is rare, but possible.
This patch is a bad idea: "HD 4000 brightness fix" (it is in your KextsToPatch).

Thanks for support me, Maybe I will try to fix this later.
I would like to ask more:
I try glitch fix but in my video you will see, problem loading and logo apple still exists. I did something wrong in the hot patch in config.plist?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 1.05.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 1.05.51 PM.png
    539.5 KB · Views: 105
Help me.I can't disable my Nvidia gt740m .. already try patch ssdt-7 and dsdt still my Nvidia not disable.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 94
Thanks for support me, Maybe I will try to fix this later.
I would like to ask more:
I try glitch fix but in my video you will see, problem loading and logo apple still exists. I did something wrong in the hot patch in config.plist?

Off-topic. This guide is for disabling discrete graphics. Open a separate thread for questions not related.

Help me.I can't disable my Nvidia gt740m .. already try patch ssdt-7 and dsdt still my Nvidia not disable.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi, Rehabman. I'm working on a yoga 3 14 with an Intel HD5500 and a Nvidia 940m. I managed to disable the discrete graphics following your guide, but fail to find the _INI method to patch. Those DSDT/SSDT are disassembled and patched roughly based on @sheg0's guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-yoga-3-14-broadwell-hd5500.187138/. SSDT4(SDS_RTD3) and SSDT5(ULX_RTD3) are processed separately. These two table almost have the same content. However, the part of discrete graphics is located in these two table and I thought this causes confusion. The location of the graphics shows \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP under Windows, and there are little methods related to it. So is it possible or necessary to merge these two table if they truly causes problems on graphics and how can I disable the discrete graphics? Thank you.

PS: Also, can you help me to check what's wrong with the video output? This model has a mini HDMI port. I managed to boot it with false FakeID with HDMI-VGA cable plugged in. While it output via BIOS rendering(?) and when connected with plain HDMI it glitch. I have patched it with your guide Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio and the HDMI output shows under the audio device but still no help for the video output...sad

Attachments

• Yoga 3 14.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hi, Rehabman. I'm working on a yoga 3 14 with an Intel HD5500 and a Nvidia 940m. I managed to disable the discrete graphics following your guide, but fail to find the _INI method to patch. Those DSDT/SSDT are disassembled and patched roughly based on @sheg0's guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-yoga-3-14-broadwell-hd5500.187138/. SSDT4(SDS_RTD3) and SSDT5(ULX_RTD3) are processed separately. These two table almost have the same content. However, the part of discrete graphics is located in these two table and I thought this causes confusion. The location of the graphics shows \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP under Windows, and there are little methods related to it. So is it possible or necessary to merge these two table if they truly causes problems on graphics and how can I disable the discrete graphics? Thank you.

PS: Also, can you help me to check what's wrong with the video output? This model has a mini HDMI port. I managed to boot it with false FakeID with HDMI-VGA cable plugged in. While it output via BIOS rendering(?) and when connected with plain HDMI it glitch. I have patched it with your guide Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio and the HDMI output shows under the audio device but still no help for the video output...sad

You did not follow the guide.
As per guide, you should patch based on Clover F4 extract.
You should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-11.aml
SSDT-12.aml
SSDT-13.aml

DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-11.aml
SSDT-12.aml
SSDT-13.aml
Yes, these original tables are exacted with Linux when I previous extracted them and I have just checked that they have the same md5. So only the filenames are different with a offset of -1 and the sort order in clover config was corresponded to the filenames. Will that influence the effect?

Last edited:
Yes, these original tables are exacted with Linux when I previous extracted them and I have just checked that they have the same md5. So only the filenames are different with a offset of -1 and the sort order in clover config was corresponded to the filenames. Will that influence the effect?

I intend to compare the files in ACPI/patched with the files in ACPI/origin. For that to happen, must have the same names. And I'm not going to spend the time sorting them out. That is your task if you wish...

DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-11.aml
SSDT-12.aml
SSDT-13.aml

HI Rehabman, what guide should I follow . because I only have this after I extract acpi clover F4
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4x.aml
SSDT-5x.aml
SSDT-6x.aml
SSDT-7.aml

HI Rehabman, what guide should I follow . because I only have this after I extract acpi clover F4
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml

My reply was to someone else. Don't expect ACPI files from different computers to be the same.
ACPI patching guide is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Specifics/example regarding disabling the discrete GPU is in post #1.

Back