[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Hi all
Please help me disable nvidia card
I don't known the _INI at DSDT or SSDT so i can't off nvidia card
Can i disable nvidia in dsdt ? because i don't use patch ssdt
My laptop is acer V3
Thanks all

Nothing unusual here.
_OFF is in SSDT-9. _OFF calls HGOF, which is also in SSDT-9. The associated _INI is also in SSDT-9. HGOF and _OFF do not have any EC access. Simple matter of calling _OFF from _INI. Read post #1.

Sleep/Wake Problems

Some laptops have issues with sleep/wake or even shutdown/restart with this patch in place. This was the case with the HP ProBook (with Radeon). The fix is to re-enable the card before sleeping and disable it on wake.

There is a patch in the repository to accomplish this. It is called "Disable/Enable on _WAK/_PTS (DSDT)".

But since this DSDT has _OFF/_ON at a different path than the patch expects, we need to modify it.

Original patch:
Modified patch (PEG0 changed to RP05):
If your laptop doesn't have problems with sleep/wake/restart/shutdown with the discrete device disabled, then you do not need this patch. You need to test your laptop first to determine if it is needed.

i'm try it but fail :(

Describe problem in detail.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

No one here is clairvoyant.

Reboot and shutdown error, it's repeat 2 times. Looking at the data light in the bottom left corner, it lights up once and then turns off, the second time with a successful startup.
(pls mute video)

Attachments

• Asus_S46CM_CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 94
Nothing unusual here.
_OFF is in SSDT-9. _OFF calls HGOF, which is also in SSDT-9. The associated _INI is also in SSDT-9. HGOF and _OFF do not have any EC access. Simple matter of calling _OFF from _INI. Read post #1.
Thanks you so much
I had disable nvidia card success on my laptop

Reboot and shutdown error, it's repeat 2 times. Looking at the data light in the bottom left corner, it lights up once and then turns off, the second time with a successful startup.
(pls mute video)

As per guide, you cannot set DropOem=true without the OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
That single mistake is causing all kinds of problems...

You have way too many Clover hotfixes in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes (kitchen sink situation there!).
Patch statically instead so you're certain of the changes you're making.

As per guide, you cannot set DropOem=true without the OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
That single mistake is causing all kinds of problems...

You have way too many Clover hotfixes in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes (kitchen sink situation there!).
Patch statically instead so you're certain of the changes you're making.
Thank you for feedback, i has remove hot patch in config.pliz, DropOEM=No and patch [Disable/Enable on _WAK but but could not solve the problem
p/s: I also tried Modified patch (PEG0 changed to RP05)

Attachments

• Asus_S46CM_CLOVER_edit1.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Thank you for feedback, i has remove hot patch in config.pliz, DropOEM=No and patch [Disable/Enable on _WAK but but could not solve the problem
p/s: I also tried Modified patch (PEG0 changed to RP05)

Remove also FixLAN/FixUSB.
And ACPI is patched incorrectly. You have renamed GFX0->IGPU only in DSDT, but not the SSDTs. As a result you have unbalanced renames.
Read post #1.

Remove also FixLAN/FixUSB.
And ACPI is patched incorrectly. You have renamed GFX0->IGPU only in DSDT, but not the SSDTs. As a result you have unbalanced renames.
Read post #1.

I tried looking for GFX0 in origin / ssdt (grep -l GFX0 * .dsl) but no results, I also do not use ssdt in ACPI / patched, in this case I removed the Rename GFX0 to IGPU patch.

I tried looking for GFX0 in origin / ssdt (grep -l GFX0 * .dsl) but no results, I also do not use ssdt in ACPI / patched, in this case I removed the Rename GFX0 to IGPU patch.

It is rare, but possible.
This patch is a bad idea: "HD 4000 brightness fix" (it is in your KextsToPatch).

Back