Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

I generated SSDT.aml using ssdtPRgen.sh. I placed it in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. You told me to have the following SSDTs in SortedOrder of config.plist

SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml

Yes. All SSDTs in ACPI/patched should be listed in SortedOrder.

There is no SSDT-0.aml.

Nonsense. It is clearly there in ACPI/origin in the files you provided in post #1045.

Yes. All SSDTs in ACPI/patched should be listed in SortedOrder.

Nonsense. It is clearly there in ACPI/origin in the files you provided in post #1045.

I thought that files in origin are loaded in any case and in sortedorder we define only SSDTs from patched folder. My patched SSDTs have no dash "-" in their names. If I define them with dash in sortedorder they are not loaded. In any case I defined in sortedorder all the SSDTs (with no dash) except from the dynamic ones and it worked (discrete graphics disappeared). Is this a correct apporach?

I thought that files in origin are loaded

Clover loads nothing from ACPI/origin.

in any case and in sortedorder we define only SSDTs from patched folder.

SortedOrder determines the SSDTs injected from ACPI/patched and their order of injection.

My patched SSDTs have no dash "-" in their names.

Your mistake. You should use the same names that were used in ACPI/origin.
Renaming them can only cause confusion.

Clover loads nothing from ACPI/origin.

SortedOrder determines the SSDTs injected from ACPI/patched and their order of injection.

Your mistake. You should use the same names that were used in ACPI/origin.
Renaming them can only cause confusion.

I didn't rename them. These were the original names taken from ubuntu live cd. At least I know that everything injected is the SSDTs that I've already patched.

I didn't rename them. These were the original names taken from ubuntu live cd. At least I know that everything injected is the SSDTs that I've already patched.

The ACPI patching guide recommends using Clover F4 and the resulting ACPI/origin.
It is the only method I will support here.

The ACPI patching guide recommends using Clover F4 and the resulting ACPI/origin.
It is the only method I will support here.

I read in your patching guide that we could export DSDT and SSDTs from an ubuntu live cd. Isn't that correct? As far as Clover when I press F4 button in boot screen, it does nothing. Should I move SSDT-0.aml to patched folder and inject it using sortedorder? What do you suggest?

I read in your patching guide that we could export DSDT and SSDTs from an ubuntu live cd. Isn't that correct?

It is one way. But it is not the recommended way. The recommended way is via Clover F4.

As far as Clover when I press F4 button in boot screen, it does nothing.

Nonsense!
The files in ACPI/origin in the CLOVER.ZIP in post #1045 are the result of Clover F4 extraction.
You are the one that provided those files.
And you are the one that pressed F4 in Clover to create them.

What do you suggest?

Patch based on ACPI/origin as recommended by both this guide and the main ACPI patching guide.

Nothing unusual here.
_OFF is in SSDT-14, so is associated _INI. Call _OFF from the _INI.
I patched with your guide but I met error at boot (CPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fCurrentCapacity > fMaxCapacity. adjusted fCurrentCapacity from xxxx, to xxxx). Can you lookup my attach file for detail.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 100
You did not follow the guide correctly.

You should not move the code from the SSDTs to DSDT (SGPI, CCHK, SGPO, HGON, etc).
Start over and follow the guide as written.

Ok I edited the DSDT file from scratch and didn't apply any fix unless I saw it fit. No methods have been moved etc.
That did not resolve the sleep /wake issue.

Just FYI - When I don't switch off the Nvidia GPU (not calling _OFF from _INI), sleep/wake works flawlessly with all other things remaining the same.

Attachments

• MacBook9.1.zip
    440.6 KB · Views: 94
  • RehabMan.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Clover.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Back