Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

hi @RehabMan, i use GPU Nvidia Optimus on Hackintosh but Sleep/wake problem?, how to fix it ?, thank you

And since the system will auto shutdown within short time it's hard to run ioreg and terminal when the AMD discrete graphics is disabled. So I run the ioreg and terminal with the AMD discrete graphics enabled instead.

ast login: Sat Sep 17 21:22:24 on console

Latitud450deMBP:~ Admin$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f825ea000 0x60000 0x60000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Latitud450deMBP:~ Admin$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Latitud450deMBP:~ Admin$

Attachments

• LatitudeE6450 MacBook Pro.zip
    572.1 KB · Views: 80
And according to the BIOS record the system get auto shut because the CPU has reached hot "T" but I used Intel Power Gadget to observe the power consumption and temperature and I found that when the auto shutdown happened the power consumption and temperature are normal. I think that's quite abnormal.

I found a SSDT aml file defines sensor hub or something like that. Is it possible that something is wrong with that SSDT?

This is the clover folder when auto shutdown happens.

Need all "Problem Reporting" files, not just the Clover folder. Please read carefully.

If you think the call to _OFF is causing the problem, verify by removing it. Also, as per guide, try _PS3 (if available).

Last edited:
Need all "Problem Reporting" files, not just the Clover folder. Please read carefully.

If you think the call to _OFF is causing the problem, verify by removing it. Also, as per guide, try _PS3 (if available).
If I remove _off then the auto shutdown stops.However the AMD discrete graphics cannot be disabled without _off.And I don't think _ps3 is available.

And the problem is,I think something is wrong with temperature sensor or cpu power management but I cannot find the exact reason.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 172
If I remove _off then the auto shutdown stops.However the AMD discrete graphics cannot be disabled without _off.And I don't think _ps3 is available.

You should check for _PS3 ("I don't think" makes it sound as if you didn't check).

You should verify that _OFF (or _PS3, whichever you're using) is executing as you expect by tracing method entry and exit using ACPIDebug.kext. Also, make sure you're patched ACPI files are from a current extract. There were strange differences between ACPI/origin and ACPI/patched that cannot be explained by typical patches.

You should check for _PS3 ("I don't think" makes it sound as if you didn't check).

You should verify that _OFF (or _PS3, whichever you're using) is executing as you expect by tracing method entry and exit using ACPIDebug.kext. Also, make sure you're patched ACPI files are from a current extract. There were strange differences between ACPI/origin and ACPI/patched that cannot be explained by typical patches.
I didn't find _ps3 in ssdt-8 and dsdt-9(which are the two SSDTs related to discrete graphics ). And could you tell me if I find _ps3 in dsdt, how could I apply it?
BTW, I don't think it's about my patched dsdt and SSDTs because I get the same auto shutdown when I boot into Ubuntu 16.04 install disk. We all know that patched dsdt and SSDTs placed in clover folder cannot have any influence in Ubuntu install disk.

Back