Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

OK, there are ACPI tables, where I used some patched to correct it again, but finaly patch to disable discrete GPU is still missing and I don't know how to do.

if I search code:
grep -l Method.*_OFF *.dsl
got this: SSDT-6.dsl

if I search code:
grep -l Method.*_INI *.dsl
got this: DSDT.dsl

But the lines in acpi tables are different as in your GUIDE in post no. 1 and I am at my wit's end. So I appreciative yout help with it.

THANKS

Assuming there are not additional SSDTs that may have your _INI...

Since you have no _INI for _SB.PCI0.PEG0.VID, create one.

Add to SSDT-6, just after _OFF:
Code:
Method(_INI) 
{
   _OFF()
}

Hi Rehabman. After enabling the nvidia card in my bios and booting with nvidia drivers disabled, I found two extra ssdts in clover origin that weren't there before which means they're for the nvidia card. I've followed the guide and the actual off patching looks like an easy one for me as it doesn't appear to call the EC at all. The issue is that there are a ton of errors right out of the gate that I have no idea how to fix. They're mostly unexpected PARSEOP_whatever kind of syntax errors. Any ideas? thanks

Attachments

• nvidia-ssdts.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 162
Hi Rehabman. After enabling the nvidia card in my bios and booting with nvidia drivers disabled, I found two extra ssdts in clover origin that weren't there before which means they're for the nvidia card. I've followed the guide and the actual off patching looks like an easy one for me as it doesn't appear to call the EC at all. The issue is that there are a ton of errors right out of the gate that I have no idea how to fix. They're mostly unexpected PARSEOP_whatever kind of syntax errors. Any ideas? thanks

I think you disassembled the files incorrectly.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Attachments

• ssdts-nvidia.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 159
I used the clover dumps, forgot to always go with the linux ones. Here's the linux ones, still have errors that I'm not sure how to fix but very few in comparison

Diagnose not possible with SSDTs in isolation.

Post all native files.

Diagnose not possible with SSDTs in isolation.

Post all native files.

SSDT 7 and 8 are the nvidia ones giving me issues, the rest are good to go.

Also, for dynamic ssdts, should I list them under drop tables in clover since they're changing or just keep my error fixed ones in ACPI/Patched?

Attachments

• DSDT:SSDT.zip
    72.3 KB · Views: 160
SSDT 7 and 8 are the nvidia ones giving me issues, the rest are good to go.

Also, for dynamic ssdts, should I list them under drop tables in clover since they're changing or just keep my error fixed ones in ACPI/Patched?

These files are disassembled. Not native. Post native files.

And furthermore these files were disassembled incorrectly. The SST7.dsl SSDT8.dsl are showing unresolved external for ...H_EC.TDRF, yet it is defined in DSDT.dsl. Implies you did not disassemble the SSDTs with DSDT as context (eg. need 'iasl -da -dl *.aml').

You question regarding dynamic tables is answered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide. Note: Clover cannot "drop" dynamic tables as they are not there to drop (they are loaded dynamically by other ACPI code [DSDT or SSDTs])

Here they are

Incomplete. No DSDT.aml.

Please read the guide carefully. With each post you make, it is more and more clear you haven't read it very carefully.

Forgot the dsdt. I already have everything fixed except the two nvidia tables but all of the oem ones are in the tables zip

EDIT, nevermind. Just saw the edit on your earlier post. I decompiled the ssdts by themselves with iasl and didn't use the dsdt in context. Errors are now gone.

Back