Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note: Your profile indicates no Nvidia. Please fix your profile as per FAQ.

Thank you and I'm sorry RehabMan

It's another laptop different from the one in my profile

Huawei MateBook D
i7 8 generation
Intel Graphics UHD620 and Nvidia MX150

Still, I think I'm not going to try anything else since supposedly we have to make several configurations that are somewhat complicated for me.
Besides that this laptop has part of the Bios blocked by Huawei

It is a laptop that is very good in terms of price, but I have decided to return it

Best regards

Last edited:
It's another laptop different from the one in my profile

Huawei MateBook D
i7 8 generation
Intel Graphics UHD620 and Nvidia MX150

As per FAQ, must be in your profile. Please fix your profile as requested.

Hi,

As per your guide I successfully compiled the DSDT without any errors. My discrete GPU is now disabled but I have a small problem. The system fan is now always at full speed making a lot of noise.

Is there any way this can be fixed ?

If I remove the DSDT from the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, the fan speeds become normal.

Running Sierra 10.12.6

Hi,

As per your guide I successfully compiled the DSDT without any errors. My discrete GPU is now disabled but I have a small problem. The system fan is now always at full speed making a lot of noise.

Is there any way this can be fixed ?

If I remove the DSDT from the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, the fan speeds become normal.

Running Sierra 10.12.6
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_1278.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 69
You should try calling _PS3 instead of _OFF.

Okay. I am not sure what that did. How do I know if it actually turned off the dGPU ?

Earlier, when it was turned off, it did not show up in System Report. After your suggestion, it shows up in System Report, so I don't know if it is actually off.

Okay. I am not sure what that did. How do I know if it actually turned off the dGPU ?

Earlier, when it was turned off, it did not show up in System Report. After your suggestion, it shows up in System Report, so I don't know if it is actually off.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

Attachments

• debug_20772.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
Back