Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Attachments

• debug_28369.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 107
I can't disable discrete graphics on ASUS X555L. High Sierra not booting. Stucks at gioscreenlockstate 3. I am booting system from other partition which added DiscreteSpoof.aml

Calling OFF() from INI tried. Also I tried call SGOF() and PS3(). No change. EC related code moved _REG from SGOF.

Problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• debug_11744.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 101
I can't disable discrete graphics on ASUS X555L. High Sierra not booting. Stucks at gioscreenlockstate 3. I am booting system from other partition which added DiscreteSpoof.aml

Calling OFF() from INI tried. Also I tried call SGOF() and PS3(). No change. EC related code moved _REG from SGOF.

Problem reporting files attached.

The files you have in ACPI/patched do not correlate to the names in ACPI/origin.
_OFF is at _SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP.
The associated _INI is in SSDT-9-SgPch.aml. You only need to edit _INI to call _OFF (so only SSDT-9-SgPch.aml in ACPI/patched).

Your config.plist settings are wrong. This guide assumes AutoMerge=true, DropOem=false, SortedOrder unspecified.

Read the guide carefully.

I have followed this guide down to the letter and no matter what the NVIDIA card is still listed in system profile.

Am I missing something? The only differences from your guide would be the path of the device (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP) and also have the EC access line in there. Should the device be removed from system profile in 10.12.6 if this is working? (one would assume so!)

I've attached my DSDT/SSDTs prior to editing this patch if you wanted to give it a shot; I'm out of ideas.

I have followed this guide down to the letter and no matter what the NVIDIA card is still listed in system profile.

Am I missing something? The only differences from your guide would be the path of the device (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP) and also have the EC access line in there. Should the device be removed from system profile in 10.12.6 if this is working? (one would assume so!)

I've attached my DSDT/SSDTs prior to editing this patch if you wanted to give it a shot; I'm out of ideas.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I am having the issue with discrete graphics on my laptop while booting the installer. I have followed the tutorials up to the point where you search for the INI and OFF. I think I found it in SSDT-9, but when I put the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml into the clover patched folder it didn't work.

Attachments

• SSDT-3.dsl
    12 KB · Views: 156
  • SSDT-2.dsl
    73.3 KB · Views: 146
  • SSDT-1.dsl
    90.9 KB · Views: 158
  • SSDT-0.dsl
    4.8 KB · Views: 136
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.4 MB · Views: 174
  • SSDT-9.dsl
    45.6 KB · Views: 146
  • SSDT-8.dsl
    1.3 KB · Views: 147
  • SSDT-7.dsl
    5 KB · Views: 142
  • SSDT-6.dsl
    38.8 KB · Views: 146
  • SSDT-5.dsl
    5.3 KB · Views: 124
  • SSDT-4.dsl
    18.8 KB · Views: 143
  • SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml
    132 bytes · Views: 153
I am having the issue with discrete graphics on my laptop while booting the installer. I have followed the tutorials up to the point where you search for the INI and OFF. I think I found it in SSDT-9, but when I put the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml into the clover patched folder it didn't work.

SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml is a separate guide.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

Open a separate thread.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

My zBook G1 has K2100M but it doesn't show anything in system infomation. Should i disable discrete graphics follow this guide? Thank you!

Back