Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

I followed your instructions, but NVIDIA is still present. My laptop is Asus R556L with intel i5 4210U, intel HD 4400 and NVIDIA 840m. I patched DSDT for audio, PM, brightness and battery. Only sleep and patch for discrete GPU doesn't work. I attached dumped *.aml files, original *.dsl files, patched *.dsl files without patch for nvidia, *.aml files with patch for nvidia and my config.plist.

Please for help :(

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

That's the output.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 69
That's the output.

Your ioreg is corrupt (must use IORegistryExplorer v2.1).
No misc/preboot.log. (you forgot to press F2)

Your ACPI settings are wrong.
Must use config.plist/ACPI/AutoMerge=true.
And you need to update to the latest RehabMan Clover build (current sourceforge builds do not have my latest AutoMerge fixes).

Do not apply manual GFX0->IGPU or HDAS->HDEF renames (these are already done in config.plist).
No patches required to SSDT-5-DptfTabl.aml, remove from ACPI/patched.
No patches required to SSDT-7-SaSsdt.aml, remove from ACPI/patched.
SSDT-8-SgPch.aml not patched correctly (EC references still in SGOF). Such references must be removed, and place in DSDT EC0 _REG as per post #1.
Wrong patch to DSDT.aml EC0 _REG. Your HGOF has no "EC0.SPIN". Your EC related code is:
Code:
            Store (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RRAM (0x0521), Local0)
            And (Local0, 0xCF, Local0)
            \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x0521, Local0)
            \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x0520, 0x95)
            \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x03A4, Zero)
            \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x03A5, Zero)

I updated Clover and checked AutoMerge in CloverConfigurator.

Attachments

• IOReg and preboot.zip
    547.9 KB · Views: 65
I think this is too much for me, but I’ll try . Thanks for help.

After updating clover macOS boots slower. It stops for a while at "ACPI: Executed 8 blocks of module-level executable AML code. How to fix if?

After updating clover macOS boots slower. It stops for a while at "ACPI: Executed 8 blocks of module-level executable AML code. How to fix if?

I'm guessing you didn't do everything mentioned in post #1704.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No I didn't. I'm patching DSDT and SSDT-8 right now. I must just remove string with EC0?
Code:
Store (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RRAM (0x0521), Local0)
            And (Local0, 0xCF, Local0)
            //\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x0521, Local0)
            //\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x0520, 0x95)
            //\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x03A4, Zero)
            //\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x03A5, Zero)

Back