Contribute
Register

[Guide] Disabling discrete graphics in dual-GPU laptops

Well, it looks like the _PS3 method is not working for me (My NVIDIA entry is still under Graphics in System Information), while the _OFF method actually do work.

It is quite typical.
If you look at your _PS3 method, you will probably notice it is testing for various conditions prior to calling _OFF.

I was wondering how long it would be before you asked... Not long!

As long as the original is linked, and credit given, I'm ok with it...
Hey just wondering if you can help me alittle bit with this due to the fact that my SSDT and stuff look way different from what I experienced with before...

After getting my laptop back from ASUS... It was good...
When I tried to dump the stuff from Clover with F4...
I got a garble of mess that I don't know how to deal with!

Back then I've dumped the files before while trying with El Capitan and it didn't give me these files and looked normal from the other times i've dumped and decompile stuff...

Now it's different and I have no clue what to do!

Please help! and thanks

Attachments

• GL552VW 300.zip
    192.1 KB · Views: 67
Hey just wondering if you can help me alittle bit with this due to the fact that my SSDT and stuff look way different from what I experienced with before...

After getting my laptop back from ASUS... It was good...
When I tried to dump the stuff from Clover with F4...
I got a garble of mess that I don't know how to deal with!

Back then I've dumped the files before while trying with El Capitan and it didn't give me these files and looked normal from the other times i've dumped and decompile stuff...

Now it's different and I have no clue what to do!

Please help! and thanks

What is confusing?
_OFF is in SSDT-6. It calls PGOF in SSDT-3.
No associated _INI, so you can simply add one to SSDT-6, right before _OFF (or after):
Code:
Method(_INI) { _OFF() }

I followed the guide and disabled Nvidia by creating "SSDT-Discretespoof.aml". I can boot my system and everything working fine except only the display fails to wake after screen timeout or sleep. Its not black screen but just glitch.

0f1c6b.jpg

Attachments

• Lenovo Idealpad 310.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
I followed the guide and disabled Nvidia by creating "SSDT-Discretespoof.aml". I can boot my system and everything working fine except only the display fails to wake after screen timeout or sleep. Its not black screen but just glitch.

0f1c6b.jpg

SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml does NOT disable the Nvidia device.
To disable the Nvidia device, you must patch ACPI as described in post #1.
For your sleep issue, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Hi rehabman,
i am already got working high sierra via ssd disable nvidia but as that is not permanent power off discrete nvidia.
i followed this guide but not able to disable card and stuck at Ioscreenlocakstate. please guide me.

My Laptop detail
HP ZHAN 66 PRO G1 i7-8550U,
Intel UHD 620+Nvidia MX150,8GB DDR4,500GB Sata HDD+256gb NVME M.2(INTEL 6000),Audio Conexant ISST Audio ,BCM BCM94352Z Wifi(Replaced)Wireless Adapter

Problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• HP ZHAN 66 PRO G1 Problem Reporting1.zip
    6 MB · Views: 104
Sorry about that.Here is my Clover Config.View attachment 295527

You need to install latest RehabMan Clover, then re-extract (don't forget to delete existing files in ACPI/origin), re-patch, and name the patched SSDT same as ACPI/origin.

Your patched file will end up called SSDT-9.aml (or SSDT-9-CB-01.aml). The name SSDT-1.aml is wrong. Must be SSDT-9.aml or SSDT-9-CB-01.aml for AutoMerge=true to work.

See guide for the link to my Clover builds: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, remove config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions. It is a mistake.

Back