HD4600
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
LC
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello RehabMan,

I read the thread you mentioned carefully so here is another upload with the requested files.
Keep in mind that I cannot provide the ioReg file because I got a blank screen after the boot (no desktop access, no remote access either) hence me wanting to deactivate the Nvidia discrete graphics

I tried extracting an ioreg using terminal in single user mode and take a photo of the other requested commands, but that is all that I can get.

Thanks for your efforts.

Motherboard
ASUS P8B75v
CPU
Intel XEON E3 1230 V2
Graphics
GTX760
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello RehabMan , Sorry for my basic English.

My laptop is ASUS X550JX , i7-4720HQ , HD4600 and GTX950M.

I'm successful disable the 950M on my first time and I can't see any PEGP in IORegistryExplorer.

I tried to upgrade 10.12 to 10.13 but failed and I can't boot into 10.12(I don't no what happened).

so I reinstall 10.12 on my laptop use the same kext and DSDT&SSDT but it can't disable the 950M and PEGP appear in IORegisryExplorer.

I tried to dump the DSDT&SSDT again and follow the guide again but still no effect.

Many thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello RehabMan,

I read the thread you mentioned carefully so here is another upload with the requested files.
Keep in mind that I cannot provide the ioReg file because I got a blank screen after the boot (no desktop access, no remote access either) hence me wanting to deactivate the Nvidia discrete graphics

I tried extracting an ioreg using terminal in single user mode and take a photo of the other requested commands, but that is all that I can get.

Thanks for your efforts.
Still incomplete.
- misc/preboot.log is missing (you forgot to press F2)
- ACPI/origin files are from yesterday (you forgot to press F4)

Note: The ACPI configuration you have here is wrong. You cannot patch only a single SSDT and place it in ACPI/patched (as you have done with patched/SSDT-0.aml). If you have just a single SSDT that needs patches, all OEM SSDTs must be placed in ACPI/patched. And DropOem must be set true. And SortedOrder must be used to set SSDT load order. See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello RehabMan , Sorry for my basic English.

My laptop is ASUS X550JX , i7-4720HQ , HD4600 and GTX950M.

I'm successful disable the 950M on my first time and I can't see any PEGP in IORegistryExplorer.

I tried to upgrade 10.12 to 10.13 but failed and I can't boot into 10.12(I don't no what happened).

so I reinstall 10.12 on my laptop use the same kext and DSDT&SSDT but it can't disable the 950M and PEGP appear in IORegisryExplorer.

I tried to dump the DSDT&SSDT again and follow the guide again but still no effect.

Many thanks
Your ioreg shows PEGP under PEG0 (which is under PCI0, etc).
Your config.plist lacks SortedOrder (to set SSDT load order).
Look at the strange/wrong order you have decided to load your SSDTs (from Clover bootlog):
Code:
19:597  0:000  === [ ACPIPatchedAML ] ====================================
19:597  0:000  Unsorted
19:597  0:000  Inserting SSDT-11-OptTabl.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:605  0:008  Inserting SSDT-10-Cpc_Tabl.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:606  0:000  Inserting SSDT-9-CppcTabl.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:609  0:003  Inserting SSDT-8-SgPeg.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:611  0:002  Inserting SSDT-7-SaSsdt .aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:617  0:006  Inserting SSDT-6-SataTabl.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:618  0:000  Inserting SSDT-5x-ApCst.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:623  0:005  Inserting SSDT-4x-Cpu0Cst.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:624  0:000  Inserting SSDT-3x-ApIst.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:624  0:000  Inserting SSDT-2-CpuPm.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:633  0:008  Inserting SSDT-1-Cpu0Ist.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:635  0:002  Inserting SSDT-0-zpodd.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
Also, dynamic SSDTs should not be in ACPI/patched.

Motherboard
ASUS P8B75v
CPU
Intel XEON E3 1230 V2
Graphics
GTX760
Mobile Phone
iOS
Your ioreg shows PEGP under PEG0 (which is under PCI0, etc).
Your config.plist lacks SortedOrder (to set SSDT load order).
Look at the strange/wrong order you have decided to load your SSDTs (from Clover bootlog):
Code:
19:597  0:000  === [ ACPIPatchedAML ] ====================================
19:597  0:000  Unsorted
19:597  0:000  Inserting SSDT-11-OptTabl.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:605  0:008  Inserting SSDT-10-Cpc_Tabl.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:606  0:000  Inserting SSDT-9-CppcTabl.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:609  0:003  Inserting SSDT-8-SgPeg.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:611  0:002  Inserting SSDT-7-SaSsdt .aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:617  0:006  Inserting SSDT-6-SataTabl.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:618  0:000  Inserting SSDT-5x-ApCst.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:623  0:005  Inserting SSDT-4x-Cpu0Cst.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:624  0:000  Inserting SSDT-3x-ApIst.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:624  0:000  Inserting SSDT-2-CpuPm.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:633  0:008  Inserting SSDT-1-Cpu0Ist.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
19:635  0:002  Inserting SSDT-0-zpodd.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
Also, dynamic SSDTs should not be in ACPI/patched.

it works! Thank you so much!!

Motherboard
Asrock B85M-ITX
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
LC
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello RehabMan, thanks for these precisions, I actually didn't know that all SSDTs were to be added even though nothing was patched in them.

So, here is attached the files you requested, with extracts from clover.
I left the patchmatic files extracted from yesterday, since no change occurred in the meantime.
I really look forward understanding what I couldn't figure out.
Thank you kindly.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello RehabMan, thanks for these precisions, I actually didn't know that all SSDTs were to be added even though nothing was patched in them.
With current Clover, that is the case (it is dumb).
I'm working on a fix for Clover that will allow you to put subsets of SSDTs into ACPI/patched and still have it work correctly.
(it will be in my next build of Clover).

I left the patchmatic files extracted from yesterday
All files must be current.
Your files are also incomplete.
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Motherboard
Asrock B85M-ITX
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
LC
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello RehabMan,
Thanks for looking into it.

This is a Dell from work so I don't have the liberty to play around with it, and always rebooting is slowing my work down.
Since booting into OSX makes it basically headless, I can't access anything, everything that I got and submitted has been through the single user mode (-x).

I did the entire thing again during my break, what I don't get is why I don't have that many SSDTs, after the 6th, nothing else. I wish I would get them so I would be keeping on going with your tutorial.

I re-read the problem reporting section (post 1 of this thread), but except for the ioreg from the actual app that I cannot get, I'm clueless, what files did I forgot ?

Anyway, thanks again

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello RehabMan,
Thanks for looking into it.

This is a Dell from work so I don't have the liberty to play around with it, and always rebooting is slowing my work down.
Since booting into OSX makes it basically headless, I can't access anything, everything that I got and submitted has been through the single user mode (-x).

I did the entire thing again during my break, what I don't get is why I don't have that many SSDTs, after the 6th, nothing else. I wish I would get them so I would be keeping on going with your tutorial.

I re-read the problem reporting section (post 1 of this thread), but except for the ioreg from the actual app that I cannot get, I'm clueless, what files did I forgot ?

Anyway, thanks again
You didn't provide any information on what the current symptoms/problems are with these files.
Must describe the problem.
That said, I went ahead and looked at your ACPI patching/setup.
Problems:
- You used the wrong _PRW patch (your DSDT uses 0x0d, not 0x6d)
- I see no sign of Nvidia Optimus in your ACPI/origin files

Motherboard
Asrock B85M-ITX
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
LC
Mobile Phone
iOS
Whoah, I apologize, I was so caught up in having DSDT and SSDT extracted properly that I forgot to explain what was going on.

The Dell XPS 2710 is All-In-One PC with an i7-3770S Intel CPU (Desktop HD4000) and a Nvidia GT640M soldered on logic board. The Bios doesn't allow for any disabling of any video card.

What happens is that after the boot sequence, just after it loads the sound card and video card, the screen goes black and kinda flickers (like it would receive an unsupported resolution). Accessing remotely doesn't work.

I tried to activate the Nvidia Web drivers or completely remove the Nvidia drivers but that didn't change anything, so I was hoping that your trick with DSDT and SSDT would allow the computer to boot up.
Weird is that on the Verbose boot, you can see the Nvidia driver is loaded.
But even if I use GraphicsEnabler=No, I still end up with a black screen

For the HD4000 I tried different ig-platform-ids, but if I select another one than 0x0166000a, it doesn't work. stays on gIOScreenLockState.

Maybe the system is sending a non-working resolution to the display, but the display, being an all-in-one, is not offering a proper OSD with details on the resolution...
All of this trying to deactivate the Nvidia, but maybe the problem doesn't lie there.

Regardless, thanks to you, I've learned quite a couple of great things with DSDT and SSDTs, my home rig is now KP free waking up from sleep :)