Steps to unlock the Insydeh20 bios:
1. Go to the BIOS,
2. Press Fn+tab (at the same time) 3 times
3. Press F10 to save and exit
4. Reboot and enter the unlocked BIOS!
Video tutorial: <
>

Steps to disable the discrete graphics card:
1. In the unlocked BIOS, change the graphics option in the BIOS from "SG" to "IGFX"
2. Disable the "Switch Graphics" feature

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip.
I have an acer aspire v.3-771g with an unlocked insyde bios, too. GMA 4000 plus nvida GT 650M. But when I disable the switch graphic features to disabled and change the main display from sg (sharedgraphics) to igfx (integrated grfx), my fan runs at full speed all the time and there is no possibility to ever control it down.
I suspect the thermal controls only read from the nvidia card, not the gpu. :( the noise is unbearable.

The following method works on my Acer V5-473G laptop with an Insydeh20 bios

Steps to unlock the Insydeh20 bios:
1. Go to the BIOS,
2. Press Fn+tab (at the same time) 3 times
3. Press F10 to save and exit
4. Reboot and enter the unlocked BIOS!
Video tutorial: <
>

Steps to disable the discrete graphics card:
1. In the unlocked BIOS, change the graphics option in the BIOS from "SG" to "IGFX"
2. Disable the "Switch Graphics" feature
Discrete graphics card can be disabled with proper ACPI patches without the need of modifying/unlocking BIOS.

Yes, I saw the guide and will follow it. But I multiboot with Linux and the NVidia card is also of no use there, just draining the battery. So I had rather disabled it in BIOS.

Yes, I saw the guide and will follow it. But I multiboot with Linux and the NVidia card is also of no use there, just draining the battery. So I had rather disabled it in BIOS.
You can still disable it via ACPI in Linux.

Why you disabling it if it has to be otherwise, ENABLED so you can use full featured gpu, instead of slow integrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back