Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS13-9360 (2016) Sierra-10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the files you provided previously, SortedOrder was not specified in config.plist, so the SSDT will definitely load just by being in ACPI/patched.
You should try without the hotpatch setup (eg. without all the extra SSDTs)
Did you set SATA mode to AHCI?
SATA mode always be AHCI,I even tried to disable sata device.But donot work.I can see two sata devices in sata configuration.sata 1 is my sata disk,sata 0 I think is the M.2 sata device,and I tried to disable it too,but no effort.
I've tried to boot without any ssdt patches.But it cannot boot normally,and displayed a stop sign.
I'm always using a XPS 9550 's clover files,and my laptop is a Precision M5510,the only difference I think is the wifi and bluetooth chip?May the XPS 9550's files to be the reason of my failure?
Can I find any Precision M5510's clover file sets?
Is there any way I can confirm if the NVMe disk's device id is patched successfully?
Thanks again for helping!

Last edited:
Yes it does indeed improve battery life on the FHD version as well. I've been experimenting with many different setups and I've managed to get the battery life up to 10-11 hours with light usage (web browsing, some youtube, couple movies, etc.) with brightness at around 40%. Will definitely update the guide as soon as I feel confident in the numbers.

One issue I've been having though is that the power-savings do not survive sleep. My usual idle is at around 0.55-0.65W (with SD turned off in BIOS), but after waking from sleep it kicks back up to around 1.5W, and the extra battery life is gone. I am not currently using ssdtPRGen.sh though, and instead using HWPEnabler.kext with custom values for min-max, etc. (this helps with heat as well.) Do your power savings survive sleep?

I'm not using ssdtPRGen nor HWPEnabler nor Clover HWP, just using native SSDTs. Speedstepping is working great.
These are taken after a wake from standby, on battery power. It's blazing fast.

boost.jpg

idle.jpg

I'm not using ssdtPRGen nor HWPEnabler nor Clover HWP, just using native SSDTs. Speedstepping is working great.
These are taken after a wake from standby, on battery power. It's blazing fast.

Did you patch any SSDT?

I do use ssdtPRGen, and I think its a bit more stable (not sure though)

One issue I've been having though is that the power-savings do not survive sleep. My usual idle is at around 0.55-0.65W (with SD turned off in BIOS), but after waking from sleep it kicks back up to around 1.5W, and the extra battery life is gone. I am not currently using ssdtPRGen.sh though, and instead using HWPEnabler.kext with custom values for min-max, etc. (this helps with heat as well.) Do your power savings survive sleep?

Yeah I have the same issue, I can't wake up the dell, after this.
No idea what is causing this, maybe someone else has a tip?

Last edited:
I've tried to boot without any ssdt patches.But it cannot boot normally,and displayed a stop sign.

Removing the SSDTs would require changes to config.plist.

I'm always using a XPS 9550 's clover files,and my laptop is a Precision M5510,the only difference I think is the wifi and bluetooth chip?May the XPS 9550's files to be the reason of my failure?

Mistake. You cannot expect to use the same setup on a different computer.

Can I find any Precision M5510's clover file sets?

See ACPI patching guide linked from FAQ.
Work with your system without patched ACPI initially (see Clover guide linked from FAQ).

Is there any way I can confirm if the NVMe disk's device id is patched successfully?

NVMe info is linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Removing the SSDTs would require changes to config.plist.

Mistake. You cannot expect to use the same setup on a different computer.

See ACPI patching guide linked from FAQ.
Work with your system without patched ACPI initially (see Clover guide linked from FAQ).

NVMe info is linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
Thanks for you patience.
I'll try from the very beginning,start at generate right SSDT files.
If any problem then please give some introduction.

Oke I put (0x19168086) into my config.plist and booted, but got kernel panic.

I'm using minstolensize patch.
I know it only works after I cleared the cache, so I booted with (0x12345678)
Cleared cache and tried again with (0x19168086) but still it get the kernel panic.

Any idea what Is causing the kernel panic?

@Vygr10565
I got the same XPS 9360 My problem is that I got stuck at the same kernel panic I've been try so many different ways but without success. Could you tell me what did you do to get past this kernel panic and did you change DVMT value?

Thanks,

@Vygr10565
I got the same XPS 9360 My problem is that I got stuck at the same kernel panic I've been try so many different ways but without success. Could you tell me what did you do to get past this kernel panic and did you change DVMT value?

Thanks,

Upload your config.plist

I will look

Did you use the minStolenSize patch?

Upload your config.plist

I will look

Did you use the minStolenSize patch?

Thank you for reminding me about MinStolenSize Patch that was the problem. Now I got it to boot up with graphic working fine.

Did you patch any SSDT?

I do use ssdtPRGen, and I think its a bit more stable (not sure though)

Yeah I have the same issue, I can't wake up the dell, after this.
No idea what is causing this, maybe someone else has a tip?

No patches, vanilla ssdts.
PM is working great and I constantly achieve 12hrs of battery life and almost infinite standby time.
An in-depth analysis about power management is detailed in my 9360 guide (sorry I don't want to cross-post).

My advice is to go with DVMT patching and forget about framebuffer hotpatches.

Hello, I'm running into issues with the NVMe SSD and the macOS 10.12.2 installer. Everything works correctly, except the disk is not recognized. I have a XPS9360 with a Hynix 512GB SSD (ACPI path _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX).

I tried a few things including:
  1. vanilla USB installation with clover,
  2. clover with all the NVMe patches for 10.12.2,
  3. clover with all the NVMe patches for 10.12.2 + the Hynix patch found on the forum (replacing 9sEQD4UcAQAA by 9sECD4UcAQAA),
  4. the compiled HackrNVMeFamily kext (using --spoof 10_12_2) with the class-code spoof (version attached).
In the last try (number 4 above), I get a few lines of compilation error from the NVME library in early verbose mode, though I can't find it in dmesg (truncated output).

I also tried unloading IONVMeFamily and hot loading the HackrNVMeFamily kext. The extension is loaded properly, except from some dependencies (IOKit for instance) that are already loaded. I'm now running in a few errors at boot, telling me that some kexts (not HackrNVMeFamily) cannot be loaded because a new version (16.4 instead of 16.3) is already loaded, or that another version with a different UUID is already loaded.

Any clue? Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    948.4 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back