Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell XPS L701X OFFICIAL OS X Lion 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
paulsniper19 said:
FrancYescO said:
in your tutorial you suggest to install the kexts before the update...

but i have seen that when i update from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 i lost something, for example i installed something for the battery for show the battery percentage (Vodoo battery something like this) and after the update i got again (the same if Vodoo battery is not installed) an "x" on the battery icon in the statusbar

and another thing...

for start the installation from unibeast stick you say only

3. Select the Flash Drive and hit ENTER again...
no dsdt.aml is needed? (i updated my bios to A17)

here, some other kext and DSDT (A17 Too) i found
http://www.insanelymac_.com/forum/index ... id=1783895

which version of XPS do u have? L701X or L702X?

L702X

EDIT:
OMG ... the tutorial is for 701 :eek:

hi

my laptop is dell xps l501
with i5 pro

is this the same procedure to install os x lion.

can i instal using this version..

midhun88 said:
hi

my laptop is dell xps l501
with i5 pro

is this the same procedure to install os x lion.

can i instal using this version..

Yes...you should be able to...once it's the GT 435M or 445M graphics card or something along those lines

I am the owner of a L701X with SSD and 500GB drive. I have an OSX Lion USB drive and i created another USB drive with Unibeast. Also a 1920x1080 screen but when i boot from Unibeast no picture is seen on the screen. Both USB drives are inserted and the system is booting from the Unibeast USB drive. Is there any solution to work this out with this high resolution panel? Or must a follow another installation method?

drexxie said:
I am the owner of a L701X with SSD and 500GB drive. I have an OSX Lion USB drive and i created another USB drive with Unibeast. Also a 1920x1080 screen but when i boot from Unibeast no picture is seen on the screen. Both USB drives are inserted and the system is booting from the Unibeast USB drive. Is there any solution to work this out with this high resolution panel? Or must a follow another installation method?

Unibeast? That's to transfer OS X Lion files to a flash drive in order to install Lion. You need to install the Chimera bootloader to that Lion flash drive in order to boot into Lion installation.

- Insert Lion USB drive (do not put in other flash drive yet)
- Boot from that drive
- You should see the logo on the top of the screen (Provided that you installed it to the flash drive correctly)

Am trying to install high Sierra on my L501x

CPU: i7 740QM
GPU: GT435M

I made an working USB drive using UniBeast & used Injectall.kext, HFSPLUS driver, VoodooPs2 for touchpad. It successfully went till the install screen but my display is in low resolution so I planned to check if NVIDIA works before installing it.

Used Lilu.kext & Whatevergreen.kext (since Nvidiagraphicsfixup is now part of whatevergreen)

Enabled inject Nvidia, NVIDIA Web Drivers but my screen boots to black screen.

Can you tell me how you made your GPU work.

96205334-7C3F-4259-826A-4508848490CD.jpeg

Off-topic.
This forum is for Lion.
Am sorry. But he didn’t mentioned how he made GPU working. Since I can’t do it. Am getting only black screen. I think almostsame applies for HS too

Clover doesn’t show Intel and it shows only Nvidia but when I inject Nvidia I get only black screen.

Attachments

• 8D317D40-A8F3-4800-894D-82F93F231E6A.jpeg
    8D317D40-A8F3-4800-894D-82F93F231E6A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
View attachment 345141

Am sorry. But he didn’t mentioned how he made GPU working. Since I can’t do it. Am getting only black screen. I think almostsame applies for HS too

Clover doesn’t show Intel and it shows only Nvidia but when I inject Nvidia I get only black screen.

Open a separate thread in the appropriate forum.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

I already have an High sierra with Win Dual boot on my old Inspiron N5110 but since it has Optimus no way to make GPU working.

IN my XPS L501x I can get into the install OS X screen with NV_disable=1 so am pretty sure i can make it work. But it’s in Low Res mode I want to make GPU work. Will start post. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back