Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Monterey OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The newest VoodooI2C does not resolve that issue. It's been narrowed to a bug in VirtualSMC, and has been escalated to that team for resolution.
I saw that people were still having issues on the GitHub support thread but since the other poster said that they didn't have issues, figured it might be a few isolated instances and the 9560 would be unaffected :crazy:

Thanks for following up, InsaneCultist.

Aside from the kernel panics, the upgrade to 13.1 was pretty smooth and the other functionality all seems to be as it was before.
Mine wasn't that smooth! Ventura slowed down massively after the recommended Software Update path, so I wiped and installed Ventura from a USB, bringing my data partition back using CCC. No problems since.

Genuinely curious as to why your machine doesn't experience kernel panics upon shut down/restarts and mine does.
I had a few, but the 9560 plowed through unattended and booted after a couple of restarts. Thanks for the info, though; I've turned off the touchscreen in BIOS since I don't use it. First boot since was smooth.

In the VoodooI2C issue tracker, there is a report of a merged PR into VoodooInput that might fix KPs related to USB touchscreens (our touchscreen) but the issue remains open. This update DOES include the updated VoodooInput.kext. Those of you who have updated to Ventura - are you still experiencing KPs?

I've recently messed something up in my install of Monterey. The trackpad and keyboard where working fine however I updated the kexts (i know probably a stupid thing to do) to try and fix DRM support and the trackpad started working really poorly. I've now redownloaded your kexts to try and roleback (I have a backup but not on me atm) but while it's better, it's not the same. The main problem is whenever I press any key (except shift to alt) the mouse disappears for a second (I think this was a problem before) but also when I release any key (including shift to alt) the trackpad freezes for 1 second. I've attached my OC config in my EFI folder and a picture of my boot screen as it has also changed but I don't have a before.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Attachments

• OC.zip
    30.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 330038817_745532843562828_7515563284988851488_n.jpg
    330038817_745532843562828_7515563284988851488_n.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I've recently messed something up in my install of Monterey. The trackpad and keyboard where working fine however I updated the kexts (i know probably a stupid thing to do) to try and fix DRM support and the trackpad started working really poorly. I've now redownloaded your kexts to try and roleback (I have a backup but not on me atm) but while it's better, it's not the same. The main problem is whenever I press any key (except shift to alt) the mouse disappears for a second (I think this was a problem before) but also when I release any key (including shift to alt) the trackpad freezes for 1 second. I've attached my OC config in my EFI folder and a picture of my boot screen as it has also changed but I don't have a before.

Any help would be really appreciated!
you need to address the issues in your config.plist

check the sample.plist from opencore download to add/remove/amend your entries

you need to address the issues in your config.plist

check the sample.plist from opencore download to add/remove/amend your entries
I've had a look at the sample but I'm not really sure what to compare, I'm not very experienced Hackintosh user so other than formatting the computer and starting again I don't know how to fix this? This is my current config.plist, I initially used the config from this threads main post.

Attachments

• config.plist
    43.8 KB · Views: 34
I've had a look at the sample but I'm not really sure what to compare, I'm not very experienced Hackintosh user so other than formatting the computer and starting again I don't know how to fix this? This is my current config.plist, I initially used the config from this threads main post.
depends on what version of opencore you used

assumed if you used the EFI from post 1 then that should be ok, unless that has errors....?

Ok I've restored it by just redownloading the v1.2 zip and replacing the entire OC folder not just the config.plist. So I don't know what was broken but it's back to working now!

Ok I've restored it by just redownloading the v1.2 zip and replacing the entire OC folder not just the config.plist. So I don't know what was broken but it's back to working now!
every upgrade of opencore requires config.plist changes, use of the ocvalidate tool helps and also comparing the sample.plist

To all those waiting for Ventura, VoodooI2C 2.8 just released moments ago with an alleged crash fix on macOS 13+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back