Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Benni, blazinsmokey, LeLunz,

Thank you for the great post, i've followed your guide and managed to get my 5520-4K & 5530-4K dual-booting Mac. I've Windows 10 with BitLocker successfully turned on, but Mojave 10.14.5 isn't able to get FileVault on without any errors - i tried CLOVER3.4.zip and LeLunz's clover - and neither works with Filevault turned on. I have cleaned reinstalled it two times now, but now i just decrypt the volume and left this macOS machine empty until i can solve FV encryption. I attached a screen capture of the EFI & Kext.

- Clover 5070
- I store my EFIs in /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/
- IMG* are verbose messages when booting into "FileVault Preboot on Clover screen"
- The verbose messages shows suggest that the FileVault drivers are not found.. I've checked the folders and also tried replacing the kext and efi with opencore, or updating them to the latest versions (applesupportpkg) - nothing work.

Can you help me with this?

1: Filevault. This works fine and I have experienced no difficulties. The AppleKeyFeeder driver is vital, in order to be able to type in the password screen and unlock the drive. At least with a DE keyboard, I can only input numbers and simple letters (Upper and lower case) in the password box but I haven't really tried to find work-arounds.

Benni, can you share your clover EFI?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-20 at 9.43.47 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-20 at 9.43.47 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20191020_042125.jpg
    IMG_20191020_042125.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20191019_054621.jpg
    IMG_20191019_054621.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
So just got everything up and running and its working great on Catalina. Thanks LeLunz for the assist. I do have 1 minor minor thing, and its more cosmetic than anything else. on my clover screen the actual wallpaper is very tiny :) any way to make it take up the whole screen? i added a photo so you can see what i am talking about

Use 'Clover Configurator' -> Theme Editor -> edit 'YosemiteLogin' -> 'Background' tab -> change 'Type's dropdown to Scale

Hi Benni, blazinsmokey, LeLunz,

Thank you for the great post, i've followed your guide and managed to get my 5520-4K & 5530-4K dual-booting Mac. I've Windows 10 with BitLocker successfully turned on, but Mojave 10.14.5 isn't able to get FileVault on without any errors - i tried CLOVER3.4.zip and LeLunz's clover - and neither works with Filevault turned on. I have cleaned reinstalled it two times now, but now i just decrypt the volume and left this macOS machine empty until i can solve FV encryption. I attached a screen capture of the EFI & Kext.

- Clover 5070
- I store my EFIs in /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/
- IMG* are verbose messages when booting into "FileVault Preboot on Clover screen"
- The verbose messages shows suggest that the FileVault drivers are not found.. I've checked the folders and also tried replacing the kext and efi with opencore, or updating them to the latest versions (applesupportpkg) - nothing work.

Can you help me with this?

Benni, can you share your clover EFI?

You need some more drivers to use file vault. (check What need to be tested section in the first post. And click the links to the other two posts. There is all info about the drivers)

or try using yardenlius from git:

@blazinsmokey why did you not set csractiveconfig to 0x67?

My 3.3 release it was changed to 0x3E7 b/c mojave and clover could have issues injecting kext if using 0x67.

Here's info on that, link redacted due to rules here.... the restrictions here are truly suffocating sometimes.

Some more experienced hackintoshers may be caught off guard by this as we're generally used to seeing 0x67 for disabling System Integrity Protection(SIP) but I'll explain why 0x3E7 is the new preferred value for hackintoshes going forward
0x67
Active values:
  • CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM
  • CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE
  • CSR_ALLOW_TASK_FOR_PID
  • CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_FS
  • CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS
0x3E7
Active values:
  • CSR_ALLOW_UNAPPROVED_KEXTS
  • CSR_ALLOW_ANY_RECOVERY_OS
  • CSR_ALLOW_DEVICE_CONFIGURATION
  • CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM
  • CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE
  • CSR_ALLOW_TASK_FOR_PID
  • CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_FS
  • CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS

What you'll notice is that there's 3 new values added:
  • CSR_ALLOW_UNAPPROVED_KEXTS: Allows unapproved kexts
  • CSR_ALLOW_ANY_RECOVERY_OS: Allows for more control over volumes present in MacOS
  • CSR_ALLOW_DEVICE_CONFIGURATION: Wider device configuration ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The one that's super important to us is UNAPPROVED_KEXTS as this is what's allowing us to get around MacOS 10.14.5's new kernel extension notarization which can make certain kexts not load correctly through Clover. And with how Clover seems to have a poor implementation of kext injection, it's also recommended for users on HighSierra as well to avoid any potential issues that may pop up but Sierra and ElCapitan users should avoid 0x3E7 as these values are not present.
You can even see what different CsrActiveConfig values enable/disable yourself with CorpNewt's CsrDecode tool or check what other Csr flags there are inside of Apple's public source code for Darwin(they're just bit switches so you can configure SIP to how you'd like). Hopefully someone finds this info interesting, I just realized this isn't actually written anywhere directly(also thanks Corp for the explainer)

My 3.3 release it was changed to 0x3E7 b/c mojave and clover could have issues injecting kext if using 0x67.

Here's info on that, link redacted due to rules here.... the restrictions here are truly suffocating sometimes.
thx :D
when I did run csrutil status I got Invalid Config or something like this :)

And my Handoff is working again! *yay*
I am on IOS 13.2 Beta 3 on my Phone and "Import Photo from iPhone" from Mac doesn't seem to work. Universal Clipboard and Handoff are working :)

@gaiaweylyn has the same problem. @gaiaweylyn Did you fix it?

Will try the OpenCore config on wednesday after school. Will report back when I have time. I also want to check systemconfig? If iMessage and so on are broken xD
(OpenCore supports Platforminfo/SMBIOS/ROM and so on)

You need to have the laptop plugged in to wall power as well.

If that isn't working, I have no clue.

thanks it started to work later on somehow after reboot...i cant leave my laptop on battery for too long anyway battery is gone on like an old laptop

Hi guys,
The refresh rate/fps is 59.99Hz, not 60Hz on my machine with a 4K video(IINA). Anyone noticed this?
What's your fps?
Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 09.18.33.png

For those who do not care about 0.0044 Frames per second; has anyone else noticed that airdrop to other iOS devices no longer works, but airdrop from other devices works just fine? All stock MacOS Settings are set correctly (discovery mode everyone, bluetooth on, same WiFi) I am running Catalina with a DW1560 card

For those who do not care about 0.0044 Frames per second; has anyone else noticed that airdrop to other iOS devices no longer works, but airdrop from other devices works just fine? All stock MacOS Settings are set correctly (discovery mode everyone, bluetooth on, same WiFi) I am running Catalina with a DW1560 card

Hi. I checked just now. And Airdrop works in both ways for me. Theses steps fixed my problem.

here are a few steps which you could do.
Log out of iCloud, Messages, FaceTime on all devices.

On your hackintosh, open KeyChain; Search for localDevice. Delete all

"com.apple.ids: local device‐AuthToken" keys.

Navigate to the hidden folder: ~/Library/Preferences. Delete these two plist files:

com.apple.ids.service.com.apple.madrid.plist
com.apple.imessage.bag.plist

Finally log into your iCloud account again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back