Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a windows 10 bootable usb? There is no way to "factory" reset the laptop. You just need to boot with a USB and reinstall the OS (Windows or Mac) Dell is telling you to do F8 so you can boot into the Windows recovery, but if you deleted your partitions, then that recovery partition is more than likely gone.
Wanted to give an update - After properly booting the properly-made USB drive, using this guide I was able to erase my drive, rebuild it using the initial files in the top of this thread, and restore a Time Machine backup.

Hey guys, sorry I been out of touch. Life is hard but I am back, kind of. Will be jumping on Catalina hopefully in the next few days.

I helped another user get Catalina running in beta before, only issues he had was bluetooth. You can see the info on that here #612. Only went back a few pages to try to catch up and that seemed to be the only real issue and someone was nice enough to update my release with the files.

I'll be on and off for the next few days and will be testing our hack out. I'll try to help out where I can. If all tests well I'll create a Catalina guide.

Hey guys, sorry I been out of touch. Life is hard but I am back, kind of. Will be jumping on Catalina hopefully in the next few days.

I helped another user get Catalina running in beta before, only issues he had was bluetooth. You can see the info on that here #612. Only went back a few pages to try to catch up and that seemed to be the only real issue and someone was nice enough to update my release with the files.

I'll be on and off for the next few days and will be testing our hack out. I'll try to help out where I can. If all tests well I'll create a Catalina guide.

Hey @blazinsmokey nice to see you again :)
this should be your clover folder with the new Bluetooth patch, updated files and another theme.
Seems like acidanthera added the new patch to his repo. Its already merged. But it seems like there is no new Release till now. So you need to build the kexts yourself. (Tried it, but my Xcode somehow has an error with signing even for my local use)

And newest Catalina Version is running (got some problems with Continuity, iCloud logout on Mac didn't help)

And I played a little bit with OpenCorePkg. And got Mojave running.
Still ned to try Catalina. If everything is working I will share my files

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 71
Hey @blazinsmokey nice to see you again :)
this should be your clover folder with the new Bluetooth patch, updated files and another theme.
Seems like acidanthera added the new patch to his repo. Its already merged. But it seems like there is no new Release till now. So you need to build the kexts yourself. (Tried it, but my Xcode somehow has an error with signing even for my local use)

And newest Catalina Version is running (got some problems with Continuity, iCloud logout on Mac didn't help)

And I played a little bit with OpenCorePkg. And got Mojave running.
Still ned to try Catalina. If everything is working I will share my files

Nice work looking forward with Open Core. I am very interested in setting up Open Core eventually. I still have my test files I created for OC but it's been quite a while since I read the documentation which I assume has been updated much since.

Updated all the EFI essentials and just updated to 10.15 (19A602) which I believe includes the supplemental upgrade. Haven't done the bluetooth fix yet but wanted to let you know my iCloud, iMessages, App Store(had to sign back in) etc all works. Didn't even have to log out and back in. I wonder if you booting with OC is messing that up. Possibly mismatching hardware profiles, serials, etc.

Here's the latest build of BrcmPatchRam and accompanying kexts.

Edit: Just installed and confirmed Bluetooth working.

These are what you need
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Anything else we need testing with? I'll need more time for sleep and battery.

Attachments

• BrcmPatchRAM-2019-10-17.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Here's the latest build of BrcmPatchRam and accompanying kexts.

Edit: Just installed and confirmed Bluetooth working.

These are what you need
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Anything else we need testing with? I'll need more time for sleep and battery.
Is handoff working on your Maschine?

Is handoff working on your Maschine?

Yea, just to confirm handoff, I open messages or mail on my iPhone X and the icon appears on my 9560’s dock. Safari can see tabs that are open on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back