Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I've got issues with booting to the system after Catalina upgrade. I use FileVault2.

1) My original EFI config displays the error related to the graphics (?). I can boot with single-user mode, mount drivers etc but I cannot run GUI.

View attachment 429832

2. Clover config uploaded by @LeLunZ (after adding the missing filevault2 drivers) just displays the empty screen (or apple logo without verbose mode). If I remove the filevault2 drivers it says that it cannot load cursors, ui etc.

3) When I updated my original Mojave clover config (from 1.) with drivers and kext provided by LeLunZ I get different error:

View attachment 429833

Do you have any suggestions where to look, what can be the root of the issue?

I read some posts where a lot of people say FileVault2 takes a very long time to start 2-5 minutes. So just try to start with my config and FileVault driver and then let it run for 5 minutes. if the display turns black try to hit a key on the keyboard.
I got a weird problem with my startup, that sometimes the apple logo goes away and screen stays black. If I don't press a key the laptop will shutdown itself. if I press a key the apple logo comes again and login screen comes after a while!

My guess is that its some weird sleeping bug.

I read some posts where a lot of people say FileVault2 takes a very long time to start 2-5 minutes. So just try to start with my config and FileVault driver and then let it run for 5 minutes. if the display turns black try to hit a key on the keyboard.
I got a weird problem with my startup, that sometimes the apple logo goes away and screen stays black. If I don't press a key the laptop will shutdown itself. if I press a key the apple logo comes again and login screen comes after a while!

My guess is that its some weird sleeping bug.

Hey, the thing is that with your config I cannot even get to the login screen (to provide encryption key). With my original config (or with kexts and drivers pulled from yours) I get past the apple logo almost immediately. I provide my password then the issue with gui comes up :(

Hey, the thing is that with your config I cannot even get to the login screen (to provide encryption key). With my original config (or with kexts and drivers pulled from yours) I get past the apple logo almost immediately. I provide my password then the issue with gui comes up :(
Then please send your Clover folder :)

Ugh, I've made it work with my original CLOVER config (probably the first or second oldest version available in the thread) with drivers and kexts pulled from your config @LeLunZ. To be honest I am not really sure what changed, probably some fv2 files. Anyway thanks for help, I was very close to reinstalling the system.

Guys, remember to update and backup your current configuration before you try to update the system to Catalina!

Ugh, I've made it work with my original CLOVER config (probably the first or second oldest version available in the thread) with drivers and kexts pulled from your config @LeLunZ. To be honest I am not really sure what changed, probably some fv2 files. Anyway thanks for help, I was very close to reinstalling the system.

Guys, remember to update and backup your current configuration before you try to update the system to Catalina!
Häää, when you tried my config. Did you also tried my Clover Efi file?
And did you download the newest clover/uefi drivers?

Häää, when you tried my config. Did you also tried my Clover Efi file?
And did you download the newest clover/uefi drivers?

I think that in the end I've used my old clover efi file with the drivers/kexts updated from your package.

Ok i previously had my Mojave running perfectly. I upgraded to Catalina and everything is working good, but i am having issues with Messages. it will not send SMS texts from my PC. I have logged out of all accounts, changed the SMbios info. anyone have any ideas why it would not be working?

So ok this was user error :) I am writing this so if anyone else is having this issue....I was able to go on the apple store and icloud, but messages wasnt working. Turns out i did not authorize messages on my phone to use the hackintosh. Once i did that i was able to use sms texting :)

FYI I've just tested the Sidecar feature (using the iPad as a second display) and it works flawlessly out of the box :)

Just got everything working on Catalina by using @LeLunZ Clover folder, now I’m having some issues with usb 2.0 ports on my dell TB16 but the 3.0s are working fine, in order to get Ethernet to work I only had to install this driver.

EDIT: The problem is with every usb 2.0 connected to the dock, IOReg doesn’t show any change when I plug a usb2.0 device in a 3.0 port on the dock, but 2.0 devices connected to the laptop 3.0 ports are working fine. Anyone have any clues on what could be the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back