Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
which XPS do you have?
is your USBPorts.kext loaded properly?

Infact my xps is 9350, and i used USBinjectall.kext until read your post. Then replaced it with USBports.kext but no hope.

In system info, it shows an integrated webcam in USB section, but nothing in camera section.

Does that mean I need to disable iCloud Drive and redownload?

Just sign out, and then sign in again with your apple id. Do it on your mac and you ios devices also. Everything work flawlessly

Infact my xps is 9350, and i used USBinjectall.kext until read your post. Then replaced it with USBports.kext but no hope.

In system info, it shows an integrated webcam in USB section, but nothing in camera section.

Just sign out, and then sign in again with your apple id. Do it on your mac and you ios devices also. Everything work flawlessly

Ok, so does it work if you replace usbPorts.kext with usbinjectall.kext?

normally usbinjectall.kext should work. UsbPorts.kext is just the minimal version for the xps 9560.
If you don't know someone with the same xps model you need to create your own kext, here is a detailed description:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/xhc-usb-kext-creation-guideline.242999/

I would do this only if the webcam works with your model with USBInjectAll.kext

Do you have your old EFI/Clover, where Things worked?

Hi, is there a way to do a factory reset of the machine? I need to start over and reinstall everything. Dell says to go to Advanced Boot Options bybpressing F8 but each time it always goes to Clover... can this be done from Clover or the F2 menu?

Do you have a windows 10 bootable usb? There is no way to "factory" reset the laptop. You just need to boot with a USB and reinstall the OS (Windows or Mac) Dell is telling you to do F8 so you can boot into the Windows recovery, but if you deleted your partitions, then that recovery partition is more than likely gone.

ok so question for everyone....My wifi keeps grabbing the en0 but i want it to use en1 so i can set my usb ethernet as en0. I have tons of issues getting messages to work...how has everyone else handled this?

Alright so I know all the excitement is about Catalina at the moment, but I'm planning on staying back on Mojave for a few more weeks til more bugs and updates get worked out.

Now, for those on Mojave, have any of you been able to get Continuity Camera working using the recommended DW1560?

As far as I can tell, pretty much everything else seems to work as it should on mine, including iMessage/Facetime activation and call passthrough. Normal handoff appears to work, since I can use Universal Clipboard without issue. However, when I try to use Continuity Camera, the camera app does not get launched on the target iPhone SE, and after a few seconds the macOS side gives up and throws a "the device timed out" error. Looking into it, this behavior seems to occur on real macs too, and I tried following the troubleshooting steps suggested there.

Verified that both devices are logged into the same Apple ID, which has 2FA enabled, and that both have bluetooth turned on, and are connected to the same wireless network. Tried manually pairing the devices before attempting, and as a last resort, tried clearing the bluetooth config and redoing all the above steps. After all of that, everything else still seems to work as it did before, but the continuity camera behavior is unchanged.

ok so question for everyone....My wifi keeps grabbing the en0 but i want it to use en1 so i can set my usb ethernet as en0. I have tons of issues getting messages to work...how has everyone else handled this?
This is not how things work, in order to get iMessage working en0 must be built in network card, which usb ethernet IS NOT, and your wifi card IS. Your issue with iMessage is not related to en0

Are you still using it docked? I've tried CLOVER v3.4 and I can only wake my 9560 using lid or power button.
This is really irritating, I have to open lid and press power button each time I want to wake laptop when "docked".
Thinking of selling XPS and moving to MacBook for this single reason.
Anyone have this working properly?

Hey everyone,

I've got issues with booting to the system after Catalina upgrade. I use FileVault2.

1) My original EFI config displays the error related to the graphics (?). I can boot with single-user mode, mount drivers etc but I cannot run GUI.

IMG-1385.JPG

2. Clover config uploaded by @LeLunZ (after adding the missing filevault2 drivers) just displays the empty screen (or apple logo without verbose mode). If I remove the filevault2 drivers it says that it cannot load cursors, ui etc.

3) When I updated my original Mojave clover config (from 1.) with drivers and kext provided by LeLunZ I get different error:

IMG-1387.JPG

Do you have any suggestions where to look, what can be the root of the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back