Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you not using APFS? Still using HFS? If so you'll need the HFS driver.

thats the thing i am using APFS thats why i wonder i cant get them partitions to show up?!

Anyone who has tried the catalina beta on the 9560?

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks blazinsmokey and everyone working on this thread.
everything works well except 2 issues.
1. bluetooth will be unavailable
Sleep is working fine and bluetooth also works fine from wake up when the laptop lid is opened.
Sleep is also working fine while the laptop lid closed and with only 1% or 0% battery lost, but the bluetooth will be unavailable after a long time sleeping when wakeup by open the laptop lid.

2. can only wakeup with power button, can't wake up with keyboard, just to confirm with you, if it's expected.

Does anyone have these problems?

So, I recently got a TB16 dock yesterday and it's actually working well out of the box. First time I used it, all the USB and ethernet worked after a while they stopped working but I did a reboot and plugged the TB16 back in at the Clover screen and all was good. I'm using SSDT-TYPC so I know I'm not doing true TB, but I don't have any TB peripherals right now anyway. I'm going to play around with it a but and press my luck to see if I can see if there are any limits with it. I'll report back and provide more info.

Hi,

Thanks blazinsmokey and everyone working on this thread.
everything works well except 2 issues.
1. bluetooth will be unavailable
Sleep is working fine and bluetooth also works fine from wake up when the laptop lid is opened.
Sleep is also working fine while the laptop lid closed and with only 1% or 0% battery lost, but the bluetooth will be unavailable after a long time sleeping when wakeup by open the laptop lid.

2. can only wakeup with power button, can't wake up with keyboard, just to confirm with you, if it's expected.

Does anyone have these problems?

What do you mean with Bluetooth will be unavailable?

did you try masking pin 54 and 55 on the dw1830? sounds like the issue I was having with dw1830. maybe try masking the Wifi/ bluetooth disable lines

Hm, since I got a lot of problems with the DW1830 for a really long time, I ordered a DW1560 from Dell a while ago (costs 20 Bucks).
But Bluetooth still doesn’t work with the DW1560.

What do you mean with Bluetooth will be unavailable?

Hm, since I got a lot of problems with the DW1830 for a really long time, I ordered a DW1560 from Dell a while ago (costs 20 Bucks).
But Bluetooth still doesn’t work with the DW1560.

Yeeeeeah... I have 1560 and my bluetooth works like a fkn' champ

Are you sure you got 1560 with the bluetooth module?

Yeeeeeah... I have 1560 and my bluetooth works like a fkn' champ

Are you sure you got 1560 with the bluetooth module?

Yap its working on Linux :D but not on Mac..............

Here are my "problem Reporting" files generated by gen_debug and my clover folder.

Would be nice if someone could check them. Got also some usb-c issues and my Bluetooth :/

Attachments

• debug_31733.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 100
  • CLOVER.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 122
MacOS Catalina is released!
If someone tried with the Official Version not the beta, please report :p

Okay, I upgraded. Couldn't wait any longer.
Upgrade was smooth. Rebooted 2 to 3 Times.

sudo kextcache -i /
solved trackpad issue as always.
Everything is working except my Bluetooth issue :[ and my shitty DHCP can't watch iTunes (now called TV) movies.

So, went to jardenliu's git and checked what he did the last days.

Seems like adding BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext to Clover kexts folder solves my Bluetooth issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back