Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_8690.jpg

Thunderbolt TW16 Dock into two 4K screens (at the moment one is at 60hz the other at 30hz because I dont have a mini Display cable). Works and charges laptop as well. Very happy. Hopefully I will be able to run the second monitor at 60HZ as soon as I get the right cable :)

Dual 4k @60hz each confirmed to work over TB16 Dock Station using DisplayPort and MiniDisplay Port cables. This is both for MacOS and Windows. If anyone wants to use the dock in that configuration is perfect. Make sure you update all Bios, drivers etc... in Windows before trying to get the dock to work!

View attachment 425663

Thunderbolt TW16 Dock into two 4K screens (at the moment one is at 60hz the other at 30hz because I dont have a mini Display cable). Works and charges laptop as well. Very happy. Hopefully I will be able to run the second monitor at 60HZ as soon as I get the right cable :)

OK now THAT is cool. Which SSDT implementation did you go with here?

OK now THAT is cool. Which SSDT implementation did you go with here?

Switched so many times, cant recall. I'll upload my EFI when I get the chance

blazinsmokey,

Would you or anyone else do a quick walkthrough tutorial on how to install the SSDT-typec.aml or the ssdt-tb3.aml on clover? I had to redo my Hackintosh and that is the last step but i cant find anything on how to accomplish this :(

@nikoel I would love to get a look at your CLOVER dir if you can get to it. I've had a TB-16 from the beginning and it is pretty much useless except I use it to charge my laptop so I can use the power supply on the road. I still have to plug in my monitor and USB hub to the laptop to get those working.

Alright Ladies

I'm sharing my entire Bootable Disk. To help anyone trying to pinpoint why it's working from memory I have done the following but I also did many other things and reversed many others - (for me my dock worked first go so I did not ask any questions)

Configuration:
XPS 9560, 4k, i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB HD, 97Wh battery, MCB14,1 Configuration, Vents taped, Vrams padded - Undervolt GPU -100mv, Undervolt Processor -135mv - Battery performance shithouse at 5 hours maximum (which is still better than windows for some reason, i gave up)

Dual Boot Windows 10 - In windows 10 Speedshift is enabled, custom GPU frequency curve via Afterburner undervolt as above with Turbo Clocks limits disabled and locked, All core boost at 3.8gHz - I get 6000 in 3Dmark Firefight (whatever it's called) benchmark

thunderbolt drivers from intel installed via intel driver updater I have thunderbolt icon in my windows 10 tray when a thunderbolt device is connected

all updates were run in windows prior to the connection of the dock - in windows. Restarted into windows multiple times

Cleaned NvRam like 4 times after

Then ran mac os and installed SwitchResX and configured everything to work. Everything works including coming back from sleep. However it does it's screen turn-off, turn-on, turn-off dance for 20 seconds before being usable. Good Enough

Oh right my folder. Here. If someone can share how they got iCloud to work without Ethernet I would appreciate it very much. Like seriously would go a long way

Last edited:
Alright Ladies

I'm sharing my entire Bootable Disk. To help anyone trying to pinpoint why it's working from memory I have done the following but I also did many other things and reversed many others - (for me my dock worked first go so I did not ask any questions)

Configuration:
XPS 9560, 4k, i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB HD, 97Wh battery, MCB14,1 Configuration, Vents taped, Vrams padded - Undervolt GPU -100mv, Undervolt Processor -135mv - Battery performance shithouse at 5 hours maximum (which is still better than windows for some reason, i gave up)

Dual Boot Windows 10 - In windows 10 Speedshift is enabled, custom GPU frequency curve via Afterburner undervolt as above with Turbo Clocks limits disabled and locked, All core boost at 3.8gHz - I get 6000 in 3Dmark Firefight (whatever it's called) benchmark

thunderbolt drivers from intel installed via intel driver updater I have thunderbolt icon in my windows 10 tray when a thunderbolt device is connected

all updates were run in windows prior to the connection of the dock - in windows. Restarted into windows multiple times

Cleaned NvRam like 4 times after

Then ran mac os and installed SwitchResX and configured everything to work. Everything works including coming back from sleep. However it does it's screen turn-off, turn-on, turn-off dance for 20 seconds before being usable. Good Enough

Oh right my folder. Here. If someone can share how they got iCloud to work without Ethernet I would appreciate it very much. Like seriously would go a long way

please us site attachments

also only the clover folder should only be needed

You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please us site attachments

also only the clover folder should only be needed

You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Sorry matey, I agreed to them and read them like I read iTunes User Agreement statement or 'Mein Kampf'

I've fixed me' hardware profile

Sorry matey, I agreed to them and read them like I read iTunes User Agreement statement or 'Mein Kampf'

I've fixed me' hardware profile
don't forget to edit your post and use site attachments. thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back