Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again sir, got FV2 working with your help. Only issue that I'm facing is that the trackpad isn't working at the Preboot FileVault screen. Other than that, fully functioning. :thumbup:

Sorry for the late reply! I am glad that you were able to enable FV. The trackpad works fine for me in the preboot Filevault screen. The cursor is a little bit 'jumpy' but it certainly works. I am not fully sure what to suggest but for sure the touchpad is able to work.

When I try to install Combo Jack I get Permission Denied.
Chmod doesn't help (and doesn't give error either)
I have @ symbol in the end of permissions of each file in the folder
When I create new file and chmod it to 755 it doesn't have that @ symbol and runs fine

1565720991368.png

I can still run install.sh with bash install.sh, but ComboJack won't launch since it keeps these broken permissions on installed files

I've tested it on two XPS 9560 laptops (Mojave) and both have same problem
I've tested it on MacBook (Mojave) and even with @ install.sh runs fine
Anyone has any clue what's going on?

When I try to install Combo Jack I get Permission Denied.
When I create new file and chmod it to 755 it doesn't have that @ symbol and runs fine

View attachment 421664

I can still run install.sh with bash install.sh, but ComboJack won't launch since it keeps these broken permissions on installed files

I've tested it on two XPS 9560 laptops (Mojave) and both have same problem
I've tested it on MacBook (Mojave) and even with @ install.sh runs fine
Anyone has any clue what's going on?

Is your VerbStub.kext already injected with Clover? VerbStub.kext must be detected for script to run. You should simply be able to chmod +x the install.sh script and run as root. Have you tried using the ./install.sh flag? This marks to the bash session that the install.sh command is already compiled and executes it.

VerbStub.kext must be detected for script to run.
Which script? install.sh?

You should simply be able to chmod +x the install.sh script and run as root.
Yes, I should, but that's not what is happening, that's why I wrote about it :)

Have you tried using the ./install.sh flag
Yes, I used correct path, or else file wouldn't run after fixing permissions

This marks to the bash session that the install.sh command is already compiled and executes it.
Waaat? -=8-[o]

Last edited:
Ok got it solved. @ stands for extended attributes which can be checked with xattr <file>
Attribute that produces permission denied is com.apple.quarantine, which macOS adds to downloaded files to prevent malware from running without user confirmation on first run.
Running xattr -d com.apple.quarantine * in ComboJack Installer installer folder got installer and Combo Jack working
P.S. I still wonder
1. How did I have it running before without going through this?
2. How can MacBook (Mojave 10.14.6) have install.sh running without com.apple.quarantine removal?
1565768401268.png

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I’ve been experiencing pretty severe waking-issues since upgrading to the latest UEFI-firmware (1.16.0).

My XPS usually (in 6 out of 10 cases) restarts after a few seconds after waking up from sleep (display goes black and notebook starts posting again).

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The last resort would be (I guess) downgrading to 1.15.0 :’/

---------
MacOS version: 10.14.6 (18G95)

Attachments

• AppleErrorReport.txt
    22.4 KB · Views: 66
  • panic.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 186
  • panic2.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 69
  • EFI.rar