Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made a small ssdt patch, in order to remap caps lock to f19 (i'm using caps lock in order to change input source and mojave-embedded functionality for changing input source with caps lock works unreliable for me) and swap alt and win key ( so win key will act as cmd key on mac). All that you need - place .aml file into CLOVER/ACPI/patched. After this you can set caps lock to change input source in keyboard settings.

Attachments

• remap-keys.zip
    712 bytes · Views: 68
Ok guys after using my Hackintosh on my 9560 for a good week now. I only have 2 issues that are bugging me, 1 is a little bit more problematic that the other. It is with the Dell TB16 Dock.

1. My USB ports don't work on the dock(not a major problem but id love to get this working 100%)
2. My NIC card on the dock shows up in preferences as USB 10/100/1000 and it shows cable is disconnected, when a cable is connected. This one is more of a problem, as sometimes I need to be connected to my works LAN.

If anyone has ANY experience getting the dock to work 100% please enlighten me as i am stumped. :)

Thanks for being such a great community!!!

Last edited:
What do you by 'listed'?

If I am understanding your question, then maybe the following screenshot will help. This is my own EFI folder, which I use to boot my Filevault drive every day.

Thanks again sir, got FV2 working with your help. Only issue that I'm facing is that the trackpad isn't working at the Preboot FileVault screen. Other than that, fully functioning. :thumbup:

Done, got iMessage and Facetime working perfectly with NullEthernet. Thanks sir.
Could you help me with installing null ethernet? I installed the NullEtherent.kext using Kextbeast. What's the next step? Should I apply the patch mention in the link, If so how do I do it? I'm currently using Clover 3.4 from here. Please help me. Been on it for a week.

Could you help me with installing null ethernet? I installed the NullEtherent.kext using Kextbeast. What's the next step? Should I apply the patch mention in the link, If so how do I do it? I'm currently using Clover 3.4 from here. Please help me. Been on it for a week.

NullEthernet.kext must be installed under /Library/Extensions folder, not your EFI Kexts folder.

You'll have to inject the kext with KextBeast and copy the SSDT-RMNE.aml file to your EFI>CLOVER>ACPI>Others folder. Then you need to delete all your network entries in settings and delete your networkpreferences.plist file under /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Once done, unplug any WiFi dongles if applicable and reboot. Immediately after you must go to Settings>Network and click the "+" icon to add "Ethernet".

NullEthernet.kext must be installed under /Library/Extensions folder, not your EFI Kexts folder.

You'll have to inject the kext with KextBeast and copy the SSDT-RMNE.aml file to your EFI>CLOVER>ACPI>Others folder. Then you need to delete all your network entries in settings and delete your networkpreferences.plist file under /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Once done, unplug any WiFi dongles if applicable and reboot. Immediately after you must go to Settings>Network and click the "+" icon to add "Ethernet".
I'm using a wifi USB dongle(TP-link AC600 nano). So if I delete the networkpreferences.plist will the dongle work after plugging back in or should I reinstall the drivers again ?

I'm using a wifi USB dongle(TP-link AC600 nano). So if I delete the networkpreferences.plist will the dongle work after plugging back in or should I reinstall the drivers again ?

I'm using the same dongle, the dongle will still work after you plug it in after deleting the networkpreferences.

I also recommend this to replace the ugly TP-Link icon - https://github.com/yunyu/OSXRealtekWifiIcons

Hey everyone, thanks for all of your support and hard work making this possible, I really appreciate it. I keep an eye on the thread and check it about once a week, it's cool to see all the progress being made.

However, I am having an issue: my HDMI output is not working, video or audio. Using different cables and screens, they don't recognize when my laptop is connected and macOS seems to not recognize either. This was working before, but I recently did a clean reinstall of everything. The only things I have modified are the SMBIOS options of the 3.4 config.plist, changing it from 14,1 to 14,3 and putting in my serial number and smUUID (all of which worked fine before the reset). I also tried moving Lilu and WhateverGreen to /L/E but it did nothing.

I added the debug report below, I'm stumped as to what is going on. I can provide extra info as well.

Attachments

• debug_TwelvePointFive.zip
    5 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back