Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry but I need information when on sleep your power Botton flash light on battery mode or ac .
I have no intermittent light and I can't do it.

I've got to say that things are working much better. Wake from sleep is great and idling around 10watts. I put the laptop to sleep for about 4 hours and still had 100% battery. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, but that's what it said. That's great.

Now if I could just find a compatible wifi card that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I would have a great hackintosh.

Thanks a lot for your hard work on this.

I agonized over this as well but bought the DW1560 from parts people after finding a discount code online. It was still about $50 shipped but I can honestly say it's worth it. I have had 0 issues with wifi (haven't used bluetooth really). I remember when this card was so cheap some years ago but I didn't know so much progress would have been made in making the 9560 such a great hackintosh laptop or I would have bout the wifi card back when it was cheap lol.

I agonized over this as well but bought the DW1560 from parts people after finding a discount code online. It was still about $50 shipped but I can honestly say it's worth it. I have had 0 issues with wifi (haven't used bluetooth really). I remember when this card was so cheap some years ago but I didn't know so much progress would have been made in making the 9560 such a great hackintosh laptop or I would have bout the wifi card back when it was cheap lol.

Yeah, vendors know the value of the DW1560. I got them in a bulk order of 10 from ebay/China since the shipping was so long - but I remember when the card first came out, I bought it for my desktop - and paid $120! But they are really rock solid. I have them in... 12? machines now and have never had an issue.

So I started a config.plist for OC and I looked at yours to see how far you got. Did you just steal this config from some random system? Bc there's no way these device properties make any sense.
View attachment 415888
if you use hackintool, that all the pci slots in your xps. That was rookie work, Im making opencore config as i'm learning. Only thing required it audio and graphics in device properties. All of those are not required. Better yet, it's best to disregard that post. You can learn, if your interested from the documents https://github.com/insanelymacdiscord/Getting-Started-With-OpenCore or https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf
I'll post a much better version of the 0.0.4 that just got released in a couple days. I have it working, yet need to clean it up.

sorry but I need information when on sleep your power Botton flash light on battery mode or ac .
I have no intermittent light and I can't do it.

If I'm understanding you correctly, no the power button led light does not stay on during sleep. Doesn't matter if it's using battery or ac. Looks like you have a 9343 so I'm sorry but I don't think I can help you.

if you use hackintool, that all the pci slots in your xps. That was rookie work, Im making opencore config as i'm learning. Only thing required it audio and graphics in device properties. All of those are not required. Better yet, it's best to disregard that post. You can learn, if your interested from the documents https://github.com/insanelymacdiscord/Getting-Started-With-OpenCore or https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf
I'll post a much better version of the 0.0.4 that just got released in a couple days. I have it working, yet need to clean it up.

Yea I skimmed that PDF when it was like OC 0.0.1 release. The other day I got through to the NVRAM section and then I was having a hard time finding what plist type was needed for certain entries. As I don't want to boot my OS up with wrong SMBIOS credentials as I'm logged into all a iCloud stuff. HW board id and all that stuff. I look forward to seeing your guide on this. Catalina right around the corner it's good someone is looking into this for our system. Ideally a straight conversion which seems doable will suit us all well in the long run. You may want to go through my latest 3.4 Clover folder and update any changes you see.

I did a long sleep test. 27 hours of sleep resulted in battery down 5 percent. I think this is very good.

Yes, power consumption is awesomely good now, much slower battery decrease, temps are mostly below 40° most of the time.

Sleep wake from lid is also fixed now, thanks.

Weren't you supposed to be on vacation "summer hero" ? lol

Yes, power consumption is awesomely good now, much slower battery decrease, temps are mostly below 40° most of the time.

I'm a stubborn idiot haha. I two just for July 4th weekend really. I think once you fix something in Hackintosh, you get a feeling of accomplishment and you're back at trying for perfection.

Have you been reading up on the ACPI specs? B/c even though I said I've given up on USB-C/TB... I really haven't.

I found this recently and I think I can implement it. Whether it works is a different story. Maybe you want to try too? In short, the idea is kind of like how we disable Optimus Nvidia on our laptops. How he's hooking into already existing methods the hardware uses but applying notify commands to his port.

I asked him b/c in his GitHub repo commits he says he had to remove a "beta" TB EFI driver. It's not stable enough. Funny enough that driver is made by racermaster who I believe was working on TB fix as well with our laptops.

According to OSY, person who wrote this guide, devices have to be plugged in at boot but then fully hot pluggable. I feel not much different than our situation but he doesn't use express card trick.

Will see if my other comment gets approved by mods, smh. I'm thinking of creating a GitHub repo tho. I have an account but not sure I should put it on my personal GitHub or create a new user for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back