Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @blazinsmokey hope you are fine.

Here's the 2 ioreg you asked for (w/o TB SSDT).

One is for my cheap adapter (mixsen) the other is for the Dell 6000 dock (power supplied).

Each has been plugged in at boot with HDMI 4K screen, 2 USB devices connected on it.

Note: USB 3 devices are hard disconnected after sleep, also 4K resolution only works when cold booting, if I reconnect the Display after booting the resolution is 1080p @30Hz.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more info.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Mazakiss’s MacBook Pro - Mixsen Dock.ioreg
    6.7 MB · Views: 87
  • Mazakiss’s MacBook Pro - Dell D6000 Dock.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
This is exactly what I was worried about when 5520 users use these files. I have not seen or read this behavior for users with the 9560. I agree, your screen should be working after you shutdown and unplug everything and reboot. I believe it's best to boot and shutdown not in clamshell mode. Meaning your laptop is open with display active. Give this a try?

Intel HD 530 vs 630 could be the cause and in your previous post you said you "fixed" it manually. Maybe it's not fixed properly. Did you use latest Hackintool to implement your framebuffers/ports/bus from scratch?

Hi @blazinsmokey ,
I have tried booting the laptop both open and closed - result remains the same.
In fact - after two cycles there is no image on the screen when tb16 is connected :(

As for the Hackingtool - being a rookie I had no idea it existed.
I only used the latest clover files you had in your post with the latest version of clover.
I will do some reading on the Hackingtool and give it a go.

Thanks for the suggestion and for taking the time to read though all this fluff.
I will keep this post up to date if I make any progress.

Right,
so I have found some people with a similar issue here:

Following their advice, I have changed my intel id on my clover USB to
0x193B0005 (it used to be 19120000).
With that - everything seems to be working as expected - system boots via tb16 if the lid is closed.
If the lid is open - it boots via the laptop screen.
If the tb16 is disconnected, the laptop screen works with no issues.

I just run the geekbench (Single core 4524/multi 15384, OpenCL 29834).

Nothing major to report.
Now I am off to order a WiFi card that will replace the Intel one that was delivered with the laptop.

Have a great day!

Thank you so much for this guide. I finally got my triple boot (Mojave - Kubuntu - Win10) setup to work. Like Bram77, I’m still waiting for my DW1560; I just use HoRNDIS in the meantime. Should I expect any issues after swapping the wifi card, or will my current install handle that just fine? Also, what kind of battery life are you guys getting? It feels somewhat shorter than Linux and Windows for me.

Hi there. I like to triple boot Mojave, Cinnamon, Win 10. Can you provide a short procedure for me to follow? I've tried installing Win 10 first and then Mojave, but Win 10 "broke" Mojave. Then I've tried installed Mojave first, then Win 10, but disk utility stalled while partitioning same disk for Win 10.

Hi @blazinsmokey
Thank you for your work,It is very stable

Here is a VoodooPS2Controller.kext file for you. it fix keyboard cold boot issue, you don't need install kext to L/E anymore
File come from here: https://github.com/jardenliu/XPS15-9560-Mojave/tree/master/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Also I2C already update to 2.1.5, works great. maybe you can update your build.

In this build https://github.com/jardenliu/XPS15-9560-Mojave/ When waking from sleep, there is no black flash issue from screen, I don't know how he did it, maybe you can check the jardenliu's build and fix the black flash issue in the future?

In short, thank you very much for your work!

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    52.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Here's the 2 ioreg you asked for (w/o TB SSDT).

One is for my cheap adapter (mixsen) the other is for the Dell 6000 dock (power supplied).

Each has been plugged in at boot with HDMI 4K screen, 2 USB devices connected on it.

Note: USB 3 devices are hard disconnected after sleep, also 4K resolution only works when cold booting, if I reconnect the Display after booting the resolution is 1080p @30Hz.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more info.

Cheers.

OK so I been using this and it doesn't seem to change my setup which is just the USB C to HDMI 2.0. I removed the main DSB2 device in the aml file which seems handle USB-C and its USB hub ports. So give this a try.

On you your device after sleep, I have a similar issue but when I replug my USB C adapter it goes back to 4K 60Hz. Assuming your using the laptop in closed clamshell mode try opening it up first and then connecting the USB C adapter.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-V1-Test.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 117
Here is a VoodooPS2Controller.kext file for you. it fix keyboard cold boot issue, you don't need install kext to L/E anymore
File come from here: https://github.com/jardenliu/XPS15-9560-Mojave/tree/master/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Also I2C already update to 2.1.5, works great. maybe you can update your build.
In this build https://github.com/jardenliu/XPS15-9560-Mojave/ When waking from sleep, there is no black flash issue from screen, I don't know how he did it, maybe you can check the jardenliu's build and fix the black flash issue in the future?

Ok I took a quick look and the VoodooPS2 and it's version 1.8.34. I'm not sure you want to lose the fixes that occurred after. Changlog provided below. My guess is it fixed itself with a Clover update b/c I no longer need it installed in LE anymore either. Thanks for pointing it out completely forgot about that. Maybe others can test this to confirm.
2018-10-08 v1.9.2
  • Tapping stability: ignore moves while waiting for tap gestures (eg. pointer will not move while making a tap or double tap gesture)
  • Increase TapThreasholdX/Y, DoubleTapThresholdX/Y (from 50/100 to 75/150)
2018-09-28 v1.9.1
  • Fix panic caused by notifications that sometimes happen during HID registration (reported issue #166 and elsewhere)
2018-09-22 v1.9.0
  • VoodooPS2Daemon is deprecated, replaced with kernel level functionality (courtesy the-darkvoid)
  • "ignore built-in trackpad" now works with USB mice as well as bluetooth mice (courtesy the-darkvoid)
  • use system notifications for keyboard integration with VoodooI2C project (courtesy the-darkvoid)
2018-05-06 v1.8.34
  • fix bug with DisableDevice when used with the Synaptics profile
I'll update the build later when we have more significant changes. Anyone here should be able to keep their kexts updated especially with the tool I linked.

On the black flash after sleep I'll have to take a deeper look but a quick browse at that build's config.plist and files it seems a little messy. Trying to keep things at a minimum and clean here but I'll try to take a look eventually. As it doesn't bother me personally it may be while. Rather spend my time trying to fix USB C and TB.

I tried your modified SSDT-TB3-V1-Test.aml

The result is the same, no USB port from the adapter is active when the TB SSDT is present.

I only tried with the cheap plug and play adapter, not the dell D-6000 dock (I'm off work for a week).

I also tried with the bios option "Always allow dell docks" on or off (it's supposed to override default usb and thunderbolt settings when connected). Same results, when TB SSDT is removed, USB works again in both configurations.

The IOReg I forwarded you was done with "Always allow dell docks" bios option "ON".

Here a new IOreg with the "Always allow dell docks" bios option OFF.

Anyway, I very happy as it is, nothing urgent. Thank you for all your hard work.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Dell Dock Bios Setting.jpg
    Dell Dock Bios Setting.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 933
  • Mazakiss’s MacBook Pro (Mixsen) Dell Docks - OFF.ioreg
    6.4 MB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back