Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/25/19 Updated to 10.14.4 after updating Clover to r4895, kexts, etc. I uploaded my current clover folder, Clover v3.1 zip for you guys as it includes all the latest kexts to this day and AptioFix R25. Rebuild kext cache and permissions after to get touchpad working again.

I'd like to use the INS key as ...Tested first by trying to bind the key to different programs, since I thought they might be the problem, but then I installed Karabiner-EventViewer, and they don't show up there either.... And if it is, can it be remedied?

I'm not sure about this at all but here are some ideas to try. The insert key will register something when you press the Fn key and Insert. I think it puts the laptop to sleep. So the key is there. I don't have time to test it but check out the repository for voodoops2, https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller.

Then specifically try SSDT-KEY-DELL-WN09.dsl, this may get it working? I dunno. Also SSDT-PrtSc-F13.dsl is a nice example of possibly how you could map it yourself.

Has anyone tried to update to 10.14.4? Does it break anything?

EDIT: I'm dumb. Missed the notification for the previous messages and posted without looking. My apologies.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to update to 10.14.4? Does it break anything?

Yes I updated and no it doesn't seem to break anything. Look at post 265, 2 posts above yours. Also I updated the guide with latest files. Checking the bottom of the guide for latest updates as well as last couple pages of the thread for recent info goes a long way.

My update to 10.14.4 resulted in my machine getting stuck during the update process, and it will stall and never finish. I haven't updated to the latest files though so I'll try that.

@blazinsmokey did anyone find a resolution to the issue where the laptop would wake up during sleep? That was also happening to me and it would overheat in my bag.

... find a resolution to the issue where the laptop would wake up during sleep? That was also happening to me and it would overheat in my bag.

Personally used it for like a year off battery and never had this problem. Fill out your profile or signature so people know your hardware.

Also upgraded from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4 and all my kexts in kexts/Other; however my hackintosh does not get past the Apple logo now. I've upgraded from 10.14.1 to 10.14.2 to 10.14.3 with no issues along with updating my kexts, aside from rebuilding kextcache for touchpad to come back to life.

The kexts I updated along with 10.14.4 were WhateverGreen, Lilu, and AppleALC.

The first error message was "HASH data from ME never returned", which I got past with -disablegfxfirmware in boot args. After that I'm stuck at AppleACPICPU timeout / IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3.

My config.plist and kexts/Other is identical to yours; the only thing I did not update was the Clover version. My clover is at Clover_v2.4k_r4844 versus the current 4895. Not sure if that's the problem. Is there a way to update Clover from Windows?

Another solution I can think of is replacing WhateverGreen/Lilu/AppleALC with the previous version. I can mount EFI from Windows, but I don't have write permissions to mv/move the older version from my Windows drive to the EFI drive even with an elevated command prompt.

Last edited:
I did not update was the Clover version. My clover is at Clover_v2.4k_r4844 versus the current 4895

That is your problem.

If you have a Clover USB already as most have a back up like this, you could download the clover 3.1 zip I uploaded a few days ago and overwrite everything except your config.plist. You should be able to then boot with that. You could also look up how to mount your EFI from windows and do it there but the USB seems much more safer.

That is your problem.

If you have a Clover USB already as most have a back up like this, you could download the clover 3.1 zip I uploaded a few days ago and overwrite everything except your config.plist. You should be able to then boot with that. You could also look up how to mount your EFI from windows and do it there but the USB seems much more safer.

Great catch; everything works as expected now after updating Clover. I didn't have a Clover USB, but it was quick to make one. Thanks for the quick reply.

@Bram77, @bbst, etc

I'm also on the Dell "TB16" TB3 dock with Precision 5520 laptop.

i have dock connected two displays (over the HDMI and mini-DP)... it seems most reliable if i boot up with the laptop lid open and the laptop's screen kicks in first... then i actually do get output on both monitors, but they're mirrored and i don't see anywhere to separate and extend desktop across both... the laptop's built-in screen is actually properly extending... wondering if there's any insight along those lines?

thanks!

While not using TB I thought I'd share this with you. With the latest 10.14.4 my USB-C to HDMI 2.0 (4K @ 60Hz) adapter is working better! Before I had to do something like yourself.

I currently use my 9560 "docked", it's closed and I use the USB-C my 4K screen plus a USB hub for a mouse and keyboard. I can now wake it with mouse and keyboard and the screen resolutions doesn't get all wonky and switch to 30Hz or 1080p. Before I had to wake it up by opening the lid to avoid this. Now it just works. Maybe it helps your situation as well.

Edit: Not exactly seems to be hit or miss, arghhh. Wonder if it's a Framebuffer issue, will have to investigate when I have time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back