Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody having problems with ethernet connection? Mine wont connect but wifi is working perfectly...

Hi @blazinsmokey . Im working OK with clover 2.1 atm, with ps2controller installed in /S/L. But, after wake up from sleep, sometimes the trackpad stops working. The touchscreen works, but not the trackpad. Any solution?
fixed :)

Last edited:
Anyone tried to update to 10.14.3?

How do I keep the kext files up to date? There was a github link in the post, but there are no instructions on how to use it. I added my clover + kext files on my EFI partition if it makes any difference.

Also, for me the keyboard still doesn't work on cold boots (even after copying to L/E).

Overall amazing guide, and gestures are amazing

How do I keep the kext files up to date? There was a github link in the post, but there are no instructions on how to use it. I added my clover + kext files on my EFI partition if it makes any difference.

Also, for me the keyboard still doesn't work on cold boots (even after copying to L/E).

Overall amazing guide, and gestures are amazing

There Is a Utility Kext Updater.
It is working fine :p

I have tried this Guide and my XPS had a lot of errors.
So i tried a Chinese one:
https://github.com/jardenliu/XPS15-9560-Mojave?files=1

Which also did not work for me.
But after combining a few Files and change a few things everything worked.

I have everything installed in Clover/kexts Folder.
But my Trackpad is working every boot. Never had an Not working trackpad.
And i didn’t even installed the Kext to L/E.

I will upload my files later.

But for you, repairing permissions could fix your system.

There Is a Utility Kext Updater.
It is working fine :p

I have tried this Guide and my XPS had a lot of errors.
So i tried a Chinese one:
https://github.com/jardenliu/XPS15-9560-Mojave?files=1

Which also did not work for me.
But after combining a few Files and change a few things everything worked.

I have everything installed in Clover/kexts Folder.
But my Trackpad is working every boot. Never had an Not working trackpad.
And i didn’t even installed the Kext to L/E.

I will upload my files later.

But for you, repairing permissions could fix your system.

A lot of errors like what? Mine is working out of the box. Anything I should look out for?

A lot of errors like what? Mine is working out of the box. Anything I should look out for?

Got a lot of kernal panics :p
But it seems only I have this problem. So no need to look out for something.

But the positive thing I got from this. My trackpad is working without installing the Kext to L/E or S/L/E.

And with clover 3 (i think) USB C is also working very well. Only a third display is not working. Dual display is working.

And i have a hdcp error when I want to watch ITunes movies. But I am looking for a way to fix it. Because nobody else has this problem...

And i have a hdcp error when I want to watch ITunes movies. But I am looking for a way to fix it. Because nobody else has this problem...
I have an XPS 9550 and I have the same problem sadly. It is an annoying problem and havent found any solution. I have tried the guide from here but nothing I try fixes it. 10.14.3 is a lot more stable and with Clover 4844 and latest kexts there is far less crashes. It might also fix VoodooPS2 on coldboot as I haven't had it happen to me since updating.

Anyone have any luck with multiple displays on the 9560? I can't seem to get the WD15/Intel 630 to do anything but mirror with two external monitors, lid closed. It's very frustrating.

I also still cannot get WD15's ethernet adapter working, despite it seeing it. I did some searches and have not found any solutions for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back