Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

just migrated my old mbp to this xps and looks fab!
I just wanted to ask there is little annoyance and thus a secondary button click the one that gets the context menu does not work. While all other gestures work fine now. Just secondary click if i want to do i have to press ctrl + click. Anyone knows could this be? I have installed the voodooi2controller into L/E.

Somethings you can try is checke Settings, Trackpad and then secondary click, reset the trackpad settings, rebuild kext cache.

View attachment 373399
That's what I'm getting DW1560 when option click my WiFi icon.
My link Speed in Network Utility is 1.3Gbit/s.
Transmit Rate matches in System info with 867.

The problem with the 1830 is it needs an extra antenna to get full speeds. Our laptops have room for 2 but you can make it work I believe.

Quoted from KNNSpeeds original guide.

You can also look here to see if this can help your installation.

Good luck!

Thanks, i have had 3 antennas installed, well it looks like the card is not good, i have tried to connect different antennas (huh ordered like 6 of them from china, cheaper than chips really!!:D ) but with no difference, first i thought the antenna in the plastic is facing to the ground but i believe this should not make any real difference as i also tried different antennas connected outside of laptop body to no difference, thus i think that little connector while it was very very hard to connect and would never click i believe that is faulty. Ordered new one, will give heads ups.

Thanks, i have had 3 antennas installed, well it looks like the card is not good, i have tried to connect different antennas (huh ordered like 6 of them from china, cheaper than chips really!!:D ) but with no difference, first i thought the antenna in the plastic is facing to the ground but i believe this should not make any real difference as i also tried different antennas connected outside of laptop body to no difference, thus i think that little connector while it was very very hard to connect and would never click i believe that is faulty. Ordered new one, will give heads ups.
Hmmm, I have the 3 antennas installed as well. Link speed in Network Utility is now reporting 1.3Gb/s too, but my Tx rate never goes above 351Mb/s.

I tried updating to 10.14.2 and now i can’t boot.

Installed update from system preferences, rebooted, it booted into install macOS drive, where it says installer resources couldnt be found, choose which drive to boot from, I choose my macOS partition, reboots into clover, I choose macOS instead of the installer and there it hangs on the boot, I get 3 kextd stalls saying AppleSMC and then it hangs with a gIOScreenLockstate

Were the updating resources corrupted? Or could it be something else?
I have seen something about the target drive not being the correct one... I'm running Windows/Linux/Mac on this device... could it possibly be targetting the wrong drive? If so how do I make it choose the correct one?

Here is the verbose boot when trying to boot macOS partition (not updater partition)
YR5Zsgo.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
@blazinsmokey would it be possible for you to update the original post with any additional/updated info? For example, the keyboard issue... is it indeed solved by installing the kext into /L/E? Things like that

@blazinsmokey would it be possible for you to update the original post with any additional/updated info? For example, the keyboard issue... is it indeed solved by installing the kext into /L/E? Things like that

The cold boot keyboard issue? In the guide it says that installing to LE is indeed the fix. I just recently kind of got caught up not sure what else there is you are talking about. Still swamped so can't really dedicate much time if you have something specific let me know.

I tried updating to 10.14.2 and now i can’t boot.....

Try to boot into safe mode, then delete the update files, I think it's Library/Updates, double check around to be sure. Then try the process again.

Hi guys!
Can you guys help me out with a trackpad issue I have that I can't seem to fix, namely: I don't have secondary click with the touchpad. I does work with Ctrl+Click or with a mouse but not with the touchpad, which is bugging me.

The only difference between my machine and blazinsmokeys laptop is the 4k screen. I have booted up Mojave seemingly without any issues by following the guide. This is my first hackintosch as well. I used download "XPS9560-Clover 2.1.zip" because 3.0 is under testing as I understood from the first post.

The steps that I did to install Mojave:
  1. Created from scatch a vanilla mojave 10.14.2 usb installer with clover directly from command line. I followed Rehabmans laptop guide to creating this. No Unibeast was used.
  2. After the EFI partion was done I copy/pasted the downloaded Clover onto the USB EFI Clover folder.
  3. Did the kext-to-patch for my nvme ssd.
  4. Added the -cdfon bootflag
  5. Booted from usb, installed as normal.
  6. I skipped the SMBIOS because I don't have iCLoud services, probably go for it during the holiday period.
  7. Disabled hibernation
  8. After installing I copy/pasted the VoodooPS2Controller.kext into L/E and rebuild my kext cache like so: "sudo kextcache -i /"
  9. I copied the USB EFI Clover folder to my ssd EFI Clover folder.
  10. Rebooted.

Now my problem with the touchpad is:
  1. On the very first boot the primary and secondary (two finger click) worked perfectly but no gestures.
  2. On the second boot (so the result of step 10) everything including gestures seems to work except the secondary click. Neither two finger click nor clicking on the edge of the trackpad seem to work. Now secondary click though Ctrl+Click or a mouse works perfectly but I want my touchpad to work.
The similar problems in this thread don't seem to apply to my situation and before I start moving kexts places I'd like your input.

Cheers!

Neither two finger click nor clicking on the edge of the trackpad seem to work.
Just to add to diagnosis, I don't have secondary click through clicking on the edge of the trackpad either, though two finger click works.
What is your setting in System Preferences -> Trackpad ->Point & Click -> Secondary click?

Just to add to diagnosis, I don't have secondary click through clicking on the edge of the trackpad either, though two finger click works.
What is your setting in System Preferences -> Trackpad ->Point & Click -> Secondary click?

We'll I'd love to have two finger click for secondary to work as well! How did you get that to work, like what did you do post install? I have it set to "Click with two fingers".

I'm wondering if I could read out the direct input of the touchpad or if I should move the VoodooI2C to Library/Extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back