Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but that didn't help. I rerun the installer, that worked OK but a fresh boot hangs at the same spot.

Anything else I could try?

"Couldn't alloc class "VoodooI2CHIDDevices"" occurs with the Clover files v2.1

You need to be clear and detailed regarding what you're doing.
And you must attach PR files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Understood and agree - I had a backup clone I wanted to turn into a better system but I think I'll do a fresh and clean installation and start from the beginning.

Thanks!

So I did a fresh Mojave re-install, installed the newest clover, took the v2.1, replaced the clover directory. Left all as is. Everything went really well, I setup the system, replaced the SMBIOS and basically this is where problems begun. It took longer and longer to boot at the end it stuck at having issues with the SMC provider, timeouts. Nothing works.

In the mean time I updated the BIOS and tried replacing VirtualSMC with my own compiled version but currently I have no other idea than doing the fresh re-start and paying attention to the very detail what am I doing. Very strange and very frustrating because when it works it is an exceptionally cool laptop to use and work with. Meh.

So I did a fresh Mojave re-install, installed the newest clover, took the v2.1, replaced the clover directory. Left all as is. Everything went really well, I setup the system, replaced the SMBIOS and basically this is where problems begun. It took longer and longer to boot at the end it stuck at having issues with the SMC provider, timeouts. Nothing works.

In the mean time I updated the BIOS and tried replacing VirtualSMC with my own compiled version but currently I have no other idea than doing the fresh re-start and paying attention to the very detail what am I doing. Very strange and very frustrating because when it works it is an exceptionally cool laptop to use and work with. Meh.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi,

I have everything almost working correctly, just have a quick question:

The tilde key (`) on the keyboard isn’t working correctly. It is typing to “§” instead. I remapped it using Karibiner Elements but using that causes my caps lock LED to be stuck once turned on. Is there any native solutions to fixing the tilde key?

Additionally, I just realized that my brightness and sound adjusting keys don't work.

Not sure what info I should provide for diagnosing this issue. I have the same CLOVER folder from OP (v3) and have move VoodooPS2 kext into L/E so it works on cold boot, just have that one small issue.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have everything almost working correctly, just have a quick question:

The tilde key (`) on the keyboard isn’t working correctly. It is typing to “§” instead. I remapped it using Karibiner Elements but using that causes my caps lock LED to be stuck once turned on. Is there any native solutions to fixing the tilde key?

Just go to system preferences > keyboard > change keyboard type and then hit the buttons it asks you and then select ISO instead of ANSI. That fixed it for me. If you need ANSI then you can still use alt-n button and hit space will do you tilda

Hi

First of all thanks for great guide, i decided to go with 9560 instead 9570 because it is so nicely working on this one! i got 4k, i7-7700hq, hd630, PM961 NVMe SAMSUNG 1024GB and i have dw1830 wifi with 3 antennas installed.

Everything works great went through the instructions to the dot and it is fantastic.
The only issue i see is wifi, the guide is based around dw1560. My issue is that the speeds are quite slow (9MB/s) I tested it by copying files from my NAS on my network where i use netgear r7000 (with dd-wrt) i have VHT80mhz enabled. Yet on my old mbp with n wifi only it is faster like 17MB/s.
Also after doing all the post install later i went to connect to bt my headphones and it went bt unavailable. After reboot the bt was still unavailable later i have switched of notebook and later came back to it this evening and bt was there and also was able to connect to headphones and works fine. Was wondering if there could be some erratic issues maybe i miss the right kext for dw1830?

i have attached the gen_debug files, thanks for help.

edit: coming after sleep i had to turn off wifi and turn back on in order to get internet, funnily enough after another wakeup the wifi this time was working, bit strange behaviour.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Just go to system preferences > keyboard > change keyboard type and then hit the buttons it asks you and then select ISO instead of ANSI. That fixed it for me. If you need ANSI then you can still use alt-n button and hit space will do you tilda

Hey, that worked for fixing the tilde key, thanks.

However, my brightness and volume keys still don't work. Any idea how to go about fixing this?

EDIT: Restarted after changing to ISO...somehow was fixed, I was messing with Karabiner elements, but it's completely disabled now. Everything seems to be working, thanks.

Last edited:
Removing this DSDT causes strange video glitches.......
Hotplug isn't very reliable, sometimes it stops working and I have to reboot and connect the dock while I'm on clover, but then I can disconnect it and reconnect and it works fine...

I'm going to have some time in the coming weeks, have you made any advancements?

Hi
Was wondering if there could be some erratic issues maybe i miss the right kext for dw1830?

Sorry not sure about the dw1830, I may have some time soon if you still need help.

However, my brightness and volume keys still don't work. Any idea how to go about fixing this?
Try to rebuild kext cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back