Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn... Got too carried away thinking it worked. Wish I had TB3 dock to test.

Post new debug files for when it does connect, I'll take a look tmrw. Maybe I can find differences and combine both SSDT. After you do that you could try deleting the DSDT patch show in screenshot and see how it works.
View attachment 365160
Removing this DSDT causes strange video glitches

EDIT:
Fixed by disabling the last 2 DSDTs, now it seems working, now let's try if it still crashes

EDIT 2:
Hotplug isn't very reliable, sometimes it stops working and I have to reboot and connect the dock while I'm on clover, but then I can disconnect it and reconnect and it works fine

I attached the files you asked for, note that the dock_not_recognized is from hot plug not working after it worked for a while without rebooting

Attachments

• dock_not_recognized.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 114
  • dock_recognized.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Hey Guys,
i am a total noob
but I want to learn.

So i installed the Clover_2.1 zip.

I can't play iTunes DRM video and Netflix.
I googled a little bit. Netflix should be a know issue.
But why can't I play iTunes DRM videos?

And another issue. I have a usb-c dell adapter for hdmi, usb, ethernet and VGA.
The USB port is working.
The HDMI didn't work.
And most of the time ethernet also fails. It worked like 3 times. and tried it over 30 times.
I didnt test vga?

And the HDMI-port is also not working.

Any infos?
if you need to know, I did the whole thing with a XPS 9560 but I do not have yet replaced the wifi card.

EDIT: included current Clover folder

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I attached the files you asked for, note that the dock_not_recognized is from hot plug not working after it worked for a while without rebooting

I got some personal situations I need to take care of. Mostly likely won't have time fussing around with our hackintosh for few weeks or so. I apologize and hope maybe some others can hop in and help you test or fix this as well as other people who run into issues.

Hey guys,
Total noob number 2 here. (Started enquiring about macintoshes today and it's got my attention !)

I don't want to waste your time but, after looking at dozens of tutorials on 9550 and 9560, I am slowly losing hope... Will there ever be a "Killer WiFi" truly compatible solution ? I haven't looked up the science behind WiFi compatibility yet.
I am willing to replace it if need be but ... yeah.

Second question : How do macintosh deal with updates ? I read about updating the Kext and THEN updating. (Just wondering if it can be "flash and forget"). I'll get into it more as soon as I've free time.

Anyway, thank you for your time and for this rather complete tutorial, I'll give it a shot when I'll be sure I'm 100% compatible and able (making it 4K by myself will be a great start).

By the way, I hope everything is okay.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the clear guide from @blazinsmokey.
Without his help and this amazing community, I cannot go this far on the road of Hackintosh.
I successfully upgrade from 10.13.2 to 10.14.1 with a clean installation.
Everything works fine to me currently except one minor issue.

When only with battery power, every time when I intend to close the lid to work only on external monitor,
my system enters into sleep mode.
But with adapter power, there is no such issue.
In my previous High Sierra nstallation of 10.13.2, I didn't get this issue,
so I just wonder are there any tweaks I can do to clear this issue?

In addition, I am wondering does this build support external 4k monitor 60Hz through HDMI?
Thanks so much.

When only with battery power, every time when I intend to close the lid to work only on external monitor,
my system enters into sleep mode.
But with adapter power, there is no such issue.
That's actually expected behaviour for pretty much any laptop

In addition, I am wondering does this build support external 4k monitor 60Hz through HDMI?
On 10.13 you can set 1080p@60Hz then set 1080p HiDPI@30Hz and then set any resolution you like. I wouldn't expect to get true 60Hz that way, but at least you can use resolutions like 1440p HiDPI which is available at 60Hz only.
On 10.14 this trick doesn't work, so eGPU or TB3->DP or TB3->HDMI 2.0 adapter is only option.

Last edited:
That's actually expected behaviour for pretty much any laptop

On 10.13 you can set 1080p@60Hz then set 1080p HiDPI@30Hz and then set any resolution you like. I wouldn't expect to get true 60Hz that way, but at least you can use resolutions like 1440p HiDPI which is available at 60Hz only.
On 10.14 this trick doesn't work, so eGPU or TB3->DP or TB3->HDMI 2.0 adapter is only option.

Thanks very much for the information.
I've checked that Intel HD630 supports 4K @ 60Hz through HDMI 2.0.
So I will buy an adapter to see if it works.

Excellent work people!

I took the V.3 package, replaced the CLOVER folder and installed the kexts to /L/E but the boot process hangs after ApplePS2Controller, after 2 logs of
Code:
AppleIntelLpssI2CController::_serviceMatchingTimeSubr: ftimerServiceMatching timed out, fNotifications 0
the system stands still.

Am I missing something? It's the Laptop #2 in the Signature, should be more or less exactly the same as in Post #1.

Thanks!

Excellent work people!

I took the V.3 package, replaced the CLOVER folder and installed the kexts to /L/E but the boot process hangs after ApplePS2Controller, after 2 logs of
Code:
AppleIntelLpssI2CController::_serviceMatchingTimeSubr: ftimerServiceMatching timed out, fNotifications 0
the system stands still.

Am I missing something? It's the Laptop #2 in the Signature, should be more or less exactly the same as in Post #1.

Thanks!

Must use CoolStar patches to disable the Apple I2C kexts.
Refer to config_patches.plist as linked from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back