Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
ELI5 please

Which part?
Keep in mind that USB injector kexts do the same thing as USBInjectAll/SSDT. Don’t confuse injections on separate devices.

So the HS01and HS02 Device in SSDT-UIAC.aml is different from the same named devices in SSDT-TB3-V1.aml that auguzanellato posted? Below is screenshot of the tree that I'm comparing to UIAC.

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 6.03.26 PM.png

Which part?

So the HS01and HS02 Device in SSDT-UIAC.aml is different from the same named devices in SSDT-TB3-V1.aml that auguzanellato posted? Below is screenshot of the tree that I'm comparing to UIAC.

View attachment 363270

That looks more like a TB3/ACPI tree... nothing to do with xHCI.

That looks more like a TB3/ACPI tree... nothing to do with xHCI.

Thanks, it is TB3 ACPI tree, I just thought that TB3 would have different named devices than xHCI. Guess not.

Everytime I reboot the brightness settings dont stick. Anyway to fix or is it a bug in Mojave?

Easy fix, remove blacklight 0 in clover config. I will update guide, later tonight.Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 6.33.33 PM.png

Guide updated with backlight saving fix with Clover v2.1, Cinebench scores added, note/link on TB3 testing, minor changes to guide. Thanks everyone.

Also, even with SSDT-TB3.aml, hot plug doesn't work after sleep when sleep doesn't crash computer.
But I see some people on that thread got(have) it working

Do you still have the sleep-crashing computer problem? My computer doesn't explicitly crash after sleep, but all my programs reset with error of something like 'quit unexpectedly'. This happens about 50% of the time though, more common after I wake from sleep after a longer period of time.

On a related note, I used the disablehibernate script before / after updating to v14.1, but I noticed that my NeverHibernate key or any hibernation related key in boot arguments is still false in config.plist. Was I supposed to tick it manually?

Do you still have the sleep-crashing computer problem?
Not since I've switched to SSDT-TB3-V1.aml
I had a problem I've mentioned above, with ethernet adapter showing plugged when it wasn't, but I only saw it once.

I used the disablehibernate script before / after updating to v14.1, but I noticed that my NeverHibernate key or any hibernation related key in boot arguments is still false in config.plist. Was I supposed to tick it manually?
I have no idea why anyone would want to disable hibernate. It's a great feature, very useful for laptops. Yet this is one of the few machines capable of instant hibernate resuming.

So my problem (crash during sleep) is a Sleep Wake Error according to Problem Report.

Stackshot Reason: Sleep transition timed out after 180 seconds while entering darkwake on way to sleep. Suspected bundle: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI. Thread 0x634c.
Failure code:: 0xdeb5af27 00000031

================================================================
Date/Time: 2018-11-07 11:58:27 -0500
OS Version: ??? ??? (Build ???)
Architecture: x86_64
Report Version: 27

Data Source: Stackshots
Shared Cache: 0x148af000 BE7000AF-1CF6-3806-AB16-DC1CD4D99D8D

Event: Sleep Wake Failure
Duration: 0.00s
Steps: 1

Boot args: darkwake=no brcmfx-country=#a dart=0

Time Awake Since Boot: 4200s

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Don't know if it's because I don't have a compatible wifi card, but I have a DW1560 coming in 2-3 days so I'll post an error log when it comes / happens then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back