Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9560 Mojave VirtualSMC, I2C Trackpad, Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Both sleep, hibernate and TB3 hotplug work now!!!
Coolest part, unlike most people on that forum, TB3 hotplug keeps working after sleep!
Do you have sporadic kernel panics or am I the only one?

Do you have sporadic kernel panics or am I the only one?
So far I haven't got any. But I've just removed ethernet adapter from TB3->TB2 adapter and it keeps showing connected blocking my internet :-/ (didn't happen before, need to have a closer look to see how easy this can be reproduced)

I will add to clover and the guide once we get some thorough testing done by other users. Unfortunately I don't have thunderbolt dock and usb-c devices.

I took a look at this SSDT you attached. It injects properties for HS01 and HS02 and we already have SSDT-UIAC which also injects properties for those ports. I'm wondering if this will be an issue.

Maybe moving away from USBInject all is a possible solution. There's a method with the kextless code and FBPatcher. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-intel-fb-patcher-v1-5-9.254559/ should be a quick conversion to this since we have all the ports already mapped in the SSDT.
Keep in mind that USB injector kexts do the same thing as USBInjectAll/SSDT. Don’t confuse injections on separate devices.

Purchased and installed touch-base driver for touch screen (109$)
They have significant improvements over last year. I've noticed at least two particular
  • Scrolling doesn't stop anymore when finger leaves the screen surface while scrolling.
  • Zoom out works without first zooming in (which is still an issue on VoodooI2C)
And like before, two finger Notification Centre gesture works (unlike VoodooI2C)

@RehabMan your fakesmc is the only one that allows system fan monitoring on this laptop, tried virtualsmc, kozlek and slice.
It's ITE chip I think. Have you written the code for it?
Any hope to also see fan control for it?
These fans are blowing my head out

@RehabMan your fakesmc is the only one that allows system fan monitoring on this laptop, tried virtualsmc, kozlek and slice.
It's ITE chip I think. Have you written the code for it?
Any hope to also see fan control for it?
These fans are blowing my head out

The code for that must be also in the kozlek fork as that is what my FakeSMC is based on.

The code for that must be also in the kozlek fork as that is what my FakeSMC is based on.
From what I remember, I've built kozlek from master and it didn't do the job.

Everytime I reboot the brightness settings dont stick. Anyway to fix or is it a bug in Mojave?

I will add to clover and the guide once we get some thorough testing done by other users. Unfortunately I don't have thunderbolt dock and usb-c devices.

I took a look at this SSDT you attached. It injects properties for HS01 and HS02 and we already have SSDT-UIAC which also injects properties for those ports. I'm wondering if this will be an issue.

Maybe moving away from USBInject all is a possible solution. There's a method with the kextless code and FBPatcher. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-intel-fb-patcher-v1-5-9.254559/ should be a quick conversion to this since we have all the ports already mapped in the SSDT.
ELI5 please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back